Re: Mendell Freeway

  • patti wells
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 6, 2012
      I'd sign a petition for speed bumps. But the city also needs to deal with the problem of crime at third and Palou.

      --
      new cell # 335-3668
    • Chris Buck
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 7, 2012
        That was installed as part of the SF Redevelopment Agency Model Block program. I went to the first meeting in 2005. They added 90 degree parking in some stretches to make up for loss of parking spots, I think with a net gain on parking.
        Multiple agencies were involved.

        Chris Buck

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 7, 2012, at 12:20 PM, Jes Muse <muse_23@...> wrote:

        Does anyone on the list live on the block of Newcomb between Newhall and Phelps? The block was recently beautified...though I'm sure there is a better term for it. I have been wondering if the slight change in the street has slowed drivers down. And if it has perhaps, although a more costly solution, this could be applied to Mendell and many other blocks that have this kind of issue. The only downfall I can see is that it takes away several street parking spots.