Re: [betterbayview] URGENT community action required - Mendell Plaza [1 Attachment]

  • Jim Hunger
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 17, 2012
    Dan,

    I'm willing to have my name affixed to the letter, but only if the grammatical errors noted (edited version attached) are corrected. The most common one is the use of quotations. The English version of the rule is used in the original rather than the American, for no good reason. In American usage, single quotes are only used in quotes within quotes, and commas and periods appear within quotation marks except for a few rare extenuating circumstances. I also corrected a few commas and an "a / an" error.

    Thanks!

    Jim Hunger
    900 Mendell St.

    Message 2 of 9 , Feb 17, 2012
      Only today I heard of the recent violence at Mendell Plaza. I urge everyone to write to, and call, the supervisor, the police chief, the mayor, the police captain, and anyone in power who will listen and take a stand. Let them know you expect help and make any suggestion you feel comfortable with. We can all agree, everyone is hurt by the violence at the plaza.

      Matt

      Message 3 of 9 , Feb 17, 2012
        There is a workshop coming up at the BVOP next week,
        Sup. Cohen and Capt. Chignell will be leading it,
        lert'sĀ ALL go and ask for a safer Bayview!
      • Chris Waddling
        Message 4 of 9 , Feb 17, 2012
      • Dan Dodt
        Message 5 of 9 , Feb 17, 2012
          Diego,
          Thanks for adding your name to the Mendell Plaza letter.
          Dan

          On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:52 PM, Diego Castellani wrote:

          There is a workshop coming up at the BVOP next week,
          Sup. Cohen and Capt. Chignell will be leading it,
          lert's ALL go and ask for a safer Bayview!