Re: [betterbayview] Pet Amber Alert Hoax

  • Wes Thierry
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2012
      Any details as to how and where Zoca was found?

      On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Clem Fortman <clembumstead@...> wrote:

      I'm happy to report that Zoca is home safe and sound. Thanks again for keeping an eye out for her.

      Clem

      On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Mendell Studio <mendellapt@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the photos Clem. We'll keep an eye out. Hopefully all the vets in the area, as well as SPCA and ACC have been contacted to look out for her too.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2012
          Glad the pup made it home!

          Got the same "Pet Amber Alert" phone message on our home number last week. It mentioned a web site, so I took a look.

          Apparently this is a legitimate lost pet service, not a hoax. However, it says nothing about auto-dialing all the neighbors. It says that it telephones 'volunteers' in the area as well as lost pet organizations. LOL hmmmmm

          That said, we WILL volunteer that if any of you neighbors lose a household pet... we are happy to hear about it here or get an actual neighborly call from you to let us know about it.

          Ivan