Re: Anyone know what exploded?

  • Ivan T
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 25, 2011
      Twice recently I've heard very loud explosions around 12 or 1 am in the morning.  Wondered what it might be... wondering if some of the neighbors have access to really large fireworks...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nizmrsFUxI

    • Andy Harris
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 25, 2011
        This happens all the time...   We live near the Palou/Oakdale/Newcomb and 3rd corridor.    For better or worse,  festive M80's to 'celebrate' the holidays.

        -Andy

        On Dec 25, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:

        Twice recently I've heard very loud explosions around 12 or 1 am in the morning.  Wondered what it might be... wondering if some of the neighbors have access to really large fireworks...

      • ivan
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 26, 2011
          Everyone's familiar with M80's. Those are loud but these seemed louder and deeper toned.

          --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Andy Harris <4andyh@...> wrote:

          > This happens all the time... We live near the Palou/Oakdale/Newcomb and 3rd corridor. For better or worse, festive M80's to 'celebrate' the holidays.
          >
          > -Andy
          >

          > On Dec 25, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Twice recently I've heard very loud explosions around 12 or 1 am in the morning. Wondered what it might be... wondering if some of the neighbors have access to really large fireworks...
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nizmrsFUxI

        • Jes Muse
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 27, 2011
            This issue has been going on since Thanksgiving. And I do think its more than m80s. But since m80s are no longer manufactured I would venture to say these explosions are from homemade m80s which can have a stronger explosion. There are m100s as well but I would think those are also illegal and no longer manufactured.

            ------------------------------
            On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 1:52 AM PST ivan wrote:

            >Everyone's familiar with M80's. Those are loud but these seemed louder and deeper toned.
            >
            >--- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Andy Harris <4andyh@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> This happens all the time... We live near the Palou/Oakdale/Newcomb and 3rd corridor. For better or worse, festive M80's to 'celebrate' the holidays.
            >>
            >> -Andy
            >>

            >> On Dec 25, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> > Twice recently I've heard very loud explosions around 12 or 1 am in the morning. Wondered what it might be... wondering if some of the neighbors have access to really large fireworks...
            >> >
            >> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nizmrsFUxI

          • patti wells
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 27, 2011
              A car engine caught exploded and caught fire outside our house last night. It was 2:30 am. Fire Department came on the scene right away.

              --
              new cell # 335-3668
            • Mendell Studio
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 27, 2011
                I've been meaning to mention the re-opening. It feels good to be able to drive down Jerrold again. -Matt