Anyone know what exploded?

  • kristin houk
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 24, 2011
      Looks like the Javalencia building was on fire- hope everyone made it out ok-

      KRISTIN

      Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has- Margaret Mead

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 25, 2011
        Twice recently I've heard very loud explosions around 12 or 1 am in the morning.  Wondered what it might be... wondering if some of the neighbors have access to really large fireworks...

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nizmrsFUxI

      • Andy Harris
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 25, 2011
          This happens all the time...   We live near the Palou/Oakdale/Newcomb and 3rd corridor.    For better or worse,  festive M80's to 'celebrate' the holidays.

          -Andy

          On Dec 25, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:

          Twice recently I've heard very loud explosions around 12 or 1 am in the morning.  Wondered what it might be... wondering if some of the neighbors have access to really large fireworks...

        • ivan
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 26, 2011
            Everyone's familiar with M80's. Those are loud but these seemed louder and deeper toned.

            --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Andy Harris <4andyh@...> wrote:

            > This happens all the time... We live near the Palou/Oakdale/Newcomb and 3rd corridor. For better or worse, festive M80's to 'celebrate' the holidays.
            >
            > -Andy
            >

            > On Dec 25, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Twice recently I've heard very loud explosions around 12 or 1 am in the morning. Wondered what it might be... wondering if some of the neighbors have access to really large fireworks...
            > >
            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nizmrsFUxI

          • Jes Muse
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 27, 2011
              This issue has been going on since Thanksgiving. And I do think its more than m80s. But since m80s are no longer manufactured I would venture to say these explosions are from homemade m80s which can have a stronger explosion. There are m100s as well but I would think those are also illegal and no longer manufactured.

              ------------------------------
              On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 1:52 AM PST ivan wrote:

              >Everyone's familiar with M80's. Those are loud but these seemed louder and deeper toned.
              >
              >--- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Andy Harris <4andyh@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> This happens all the time... We live near the Palou/Oakdale/Newcomb and 3rd corridor. For better or worse, festive M80's to 'celebrate' the holidays.
              >>
              >> -Andy
              >>

              >> On Dec 25, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> > Twice recently I've heard very loud explosions around 12 or 1 am in the morning. Wondered what it might be... wondering if some of the neighbors have access to really large fireworks...
              >> >
              >> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nizmrsFUxI

            • patti wells
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 27, 2011
                A car engine caught exploded and caught fire outside our house last night. It was 2:30 am. Fire Department came on the scene right away.

                --
                new cell # 335-3668
              • Mendell Studio
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 27, 2011
                  I've been meaning to mention the re-opening. It feels good to be able to drive down Jerrold again. -Matt

                  On 12/24/2011 3:59 PM, Chris Waddling wrote:

                  Not sure everyone has noticed yet, but Jerrold Ave west of Quint has finally reopened!

                  Happy holidays,

                  Chris

                  -----
                  Chris Waddling