Re: [betterbayview] Where to purchase quality surveillance camera

  • Jim Hunger
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 20, 2011
      I think if we as an organization promoted having security cameras to deal with criminal activity in the neighborhood in spite of the ennui of the police, it would become news. Moreover, it might become a trend, and crime, at least around our houses, might diminish.

      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 2, 2011
        Dan,
        It sounds like an interesting concept, but makes me wonder if a similar system could be acquired from other security companies like ADT since they charge by the month.

        I know, security cameras have the whiff of "1984," but many areas of merry olde England, including charming little villages, have had extensive security camera systems for years, and they have made a difference. I would hope that, over time, this strategy would be less necessary, but for now, let's face it: most people in Bayview don't have their curtains or blinds wide open, and it's a simple matter for a devious person (or one in need of relieving him/herself) to do whatever they want if it isn't too noisy and doesn't take very long.
        Jim

        From: Jim Hunger <jimhunger@...>
        To: betterbayview@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 7:51 PM

        We could develop a logo of miscreant being chased as they pull up their pants.   LOL