Re: [betterbayview] Re: Southside: San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market Poised to Expand

  • Chris Waddling
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 11 4:35 PM
      For those who don't want to wade through the whole document at
      http://sfmea.sfplanning.org/2009.1153E_PMND.pdf:

      Figure 6 on p13 shows the proposed site plan.

      Traffic stuff begins on about page 70. Table 7 is very important, as is the
      second paragraph on p86. It's good to read all the traffic-related stuff
      from p70-104.

      2030 Cumulative traffic volumes are something that we should also focus on
      in this report (beginning on p98), the mitigation that is proposed to make
      these impacts less than significant (pp99-100), and the metrics that are
      proposed to determine when these mitigation efforts must be implemented.

      Thanks,

      Chris

      ----
    • Michael Hamman
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 12 6:06 PM
        I have become pretty familiar with the plans for this project and I believe it will be a big improvement in the transportation into and out of our neighborhood.   There will be two new streets that are real streets not glorified loading docks.  If you travel Jerrold as I do, you experience frequent delays as trucks maneuver back and forth.  That will not happen with the new streets.  The new streets will have real sidewalks and dedicated bike lanes, neither of which are there now.  It is true Jerrold street will no longer be there, but in it's place will be something much better, better for cars, pedestrians and bikes.

        Michael Hamman
        mhamman@...

        On 8/11/2011 4:35 PM, Chris Waddling wrote:

        For those who don't want to wade through the whole document at
        http://sfmea.sfplanning.org/2009.1153E_PMND.pdf:

        Figure 6 on p13 shows the proposed site plan.

        Traffic stuff begins on about page 70. Table 7 is very important, as is the
        second paragraph on p86. It's good to read all the traffic-related stuff
        from p70-104.

        2030 Cumulative traffic volumes are something that we should also focus on
        in this report (beginning on p98), the mitigation that is proposed to make
        these impacts less than significant (pp99-100), and the metrics that are
        proposed to determine when these mitigation efforts must be implemented.

        Thanks,

        Chris

        ----

      • Jim Hunger
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 13 10:01 AM
          Kirkwood will end up being used as an access to the Rankin Street part of the development, so in fact we won't be getting two streets for one. And while the trucks have been an inconvenience at certain times of the day for motorists, walking on Jerrold through the Produce Market has actually been safer for pedestrians, especially women and children. The plan will result in a two-block blind canyon on Innes and probably on Kirkwood which will have no business doors or windows, so anyone vulnerable to street thuggery will have nowhere to go on these stretches. At least being in the heart of things on Jerrold made it safer for these people.

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 15 5:54 PM
            Imagine if they just put those sidewalks & bike lanes on Jerrold! That would be the best of both worlds. IMHO.