Blue Greenway presentation Aug 17

  • Jill Fox
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011

      The Blue Greenway is being planned now! The BGW concept is to connect neighborhoods from China Basin to Candlestick Park to each other and to the water. Some great project have already begun on Port property (for example, Heron’s Head park entrance). Come see the rest of the current plans -- and share your ideas for how the Blue Greenway can best serve India Basin, Hunters Point, and the Bayview.

      SAVE THE DATE
      The next presentation on the draft Blue Greenway Planning and Design Guidelines will be at the Port’s Southern Waterfront Advisory Committee (SWAC) on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 between 6:00 - 8:00 PM at the Eco Center at Heron’s Head Park located at the end of Cargo Way.

      FYI: I have read the planning document and think the planning for India Basin past the Port property is weak and that the whole thing is not well linked to what we’ve heard is planned for the Shipyard. There are also 30-foot tall signposts planned for the entire length of the Blue Greenway that residents might want to check out since we will be living with them for years to come.

      If you are interested in how the Blue Greenway can benefit our neighborhoods, and serve as the comprehensive planning method it claims to be, you might want to check out these documents and/or attend this meeting. Blue Greenway planning is paid for through a voter-approved bond -- it is our tax money at work! Let’s make sure it works for us.

      IBNA will be submitting comments to this plan, but individuals are also welcome to comment to the Port about the plans.

      The following are links for:

      Draft Planning and Design Guidelines

      http://www.sf-port.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=1907

      Jill Fox

      There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why... I dream of things that never were and ask, why not?

      Robert Kennedy