Caltrain cleans up under Quint St overpass

  • Chris Waddling
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2011
      A few months ago, after a few calls to Caltrain about the situation under their tracks at the Quint St overpass, I called SFPD to ask that they work with Caltrain and DPW to help clean up the homeless encampments and to take better care of their property.

      I even posted a video of my walk through the area, which I think may have helped get things moving.

      Since then, Caltrain has been working hard internally to get things fixed at the site.  I just received this in my mailbox today from Caltrain:

      Here are some pictures of the cleanup at Quint Street overpass. Our crews completed this May 25th. There was no one from the city so we cleaned up the whole surrounding area. Crusader fence started to put up fences around Caltrain property the following day and are back there today. Over the weekend, someone dumped here again and also more homeless have moved under the north side of the bridge. Hopefully the fence work will be completed by mid-next week.

      Pictures of the current state of the area, and my original video, are at

      http://d10watch.blogspot.com/2011/05/caltrain-comes-through-and-cleans-up.html

      Chris