Re: Arbor Day

  • Ivan T
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
      You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you
      but we had a prior engagement.

      Ivan and Liz

      http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
        Anyone who can keep an eye on the trees is a hero.

        Everyone appreciate the trees as you go by and if one is in distress
        contact Friends of the Urban Forest for emergency tree care through
        www.fuf.net or if it's after hours, contact me or another volunteer.

        Some emergencies can be handled by everyone. This morning one of the
        trees on Jerrold was torn out and dumped 3 doors down in a side yard.
        Before I could even get my shovel and gloves, Nina had looked out her
        window, noticed it missing, and enlisted her daughter to get it back
        in the ground! Hopefully it wasn't uprooted for long, and thankfully
        it was a cool foggy morning. If it hadn't been found, we would have
        just planted another one. We're committed to greening the area!

        I'm ready to decorate the trees with jingle bells which will sound
        the alarm when someone messes with our trees. (or when the wind blows
        too hard.)

        Matt

        --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:

        You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you but we had a
        prior engagement. Ivan and Liz
      • Elizabeth Dubuque
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
          are you kidding me! I will do my part. Any idea who
          has the rooster?
          Elizabeth
          --- bayview94124 <mendellapt@...> wrote:

          > Anyone who can keep an eye on the trees is a hero.
          >
          > Everyone appreciate the trees as you go by and if
          > one is in distress
          > contact Friends of the Urban Forest for emergency
          > tree care through
          > www.fuf.net or if it's after hours, contact me or
          > another volunteer.
          >
          > Some emergencies can be handled by everyone. This
          > morning one of the
          > trees on Jerrold was torn out and dumped 3 doors
          > down in a side yard.
          > Before I could even get my shovel and gloves, Nina
          > had looked out her
          > window, noticed it missing, and enlisted her
          > daughter to get it back
          > in the ground! Hopefully it wasn't uprooted for
          > long, and thankfully
          > it was a cool foggy morning. If it hadn't been
          > found, we would have
          > just planted another one. We're committed to
          > greening the area!
          >
          > I'm ready to decorate the trees with jingle bells
          > which will sound
          > the alarm when someone messes with our trees. (or
          > when the wind blows
          > too hard.)
          >
          > Matt
          >

          > --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Ivan T
          > <hulagun66@...> wrote:
          >
          > You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you
          > but we had a
          > prior engagement. Ivan and Liz

          Get your own web address.
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
            Question is... who's got the ear plugs!

            Haven't heard the Rooster or Dog near you, but I know that Nina has.
            Ahhh... country small town living.

            There are 2 or 3 beautiful chicken's/roosters living at the park for over a year.

            --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Dubuque <thinkelizabeth@...> wrote:

            > are you kidding me! I will do my part. Any idea who
            > has the rooster?
            > Elizabeth
            > --- bayview94124 <mendellapt@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Anyone who can keep an eye on the trees is a hero.
            > >
            > > Everyone appreciate the trees as you go by and if
            > > one is in distress
            > > contact Friends of the Urban Forest for emergency
            > > tree care through
            > > www.fuf.net or if it's after hours, contact me or
            > > another volunteer.
            > >
            > > Some emergencies can be handled by everyone. This
            > > morning one of the
            > > trees on Jerrold was torn out and dumped 3 doors
            > > down in a side yard.
            > > Before I could even get my shovel and gloves, Nina
            > > had looked out her
            > > window, noticed it missing, and enlisted her
            > > daughter to get it back
            > > in the ground! Hopefully it wasn't uprooted for
            > > long, and thankfully
            > > it was a cool foggy morning. If it hadn't been
            > > found, we would have
            > > just planted another one. We're committed to
            > > greening the area!
            > >
            > > I'm ready to decorate the trees with jingle bells
            > > which will sound
            > > the alarm when someone messes with our trees. (or
            > > when the wind blows
            > > too hard.)
            > >
            > > Matt
            > >

            > > --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Ivan T
            > > <hulagun66@> wrote:
            > >
            > > You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you
            > > but we had a
            > > prior engagement. Ivan and Liz
          • Ferdinand Feria
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
              Once in awhile when I am outside, I do hear some roosters crowing, I thought I was going crazy for awhile. Reminded me of my childhood days growing up in the islands. I kinda think it is kinda cool. Green Acres is a place I know .......

              bayview94124 <mendellapt@...> wrote:
              Question is... who's got the ear plugs!

              Haven't heard the Rooster or Dog near you, but I know that Nina has.
              Ahhh... country small town living.

              There are 2 or 3 beautiful chicken's/roosters living at the park for over a year.

              --- In betterbayview@ yahoogroups. com, Elizabeth Dubuque <thinkelizabeth@ ...> wrote:

              > are you kidding me! I will do my part. Any idea who
              > has the rooster?
              > Elizabeth
              > --- bayview94124 <mendellapt@ ...> wrote:
              >
              > > Anyone who can keep an eye on the trees is a hero.
              > >
              > > Everyone appreciate the trees as you go by and if
              > > one is in distress
              > > contact Friends of the Urban Forest for emergency
              > > tree care through
              > > www.fuf.net or if it's after hours, contact me or
              > > another volunteer.
              > >
              > > Some emergencies can be handled by everyone. This
              > > morning one of the
              > > trees on Jerrold was torn out and dumped 3 doors
              > > down in a side yard.
              > > Before I could even get my shovel and gloves, Nina
              > > had looked out her
              > > window, noticed it missing, and enlisted her
              > > daughter to get it back
              > > in the ground! Hopefully it wasn't uprooted for
              > > long, and thankfully
              > > it was a cool foggy morning. If it hadn't been
              > > found, we would have
              > > just planted another one. We're committed to
              > > greening the area!
              > >
              > > I'm ready to decorate the trees with jingle bells
              > > which will sound
              > > the alarm when someone messes with our trees. (or
              > > when the wind blows
              > > too hard.)
              > >
              > > Matt
              > >

              > > --- In betterbayview@ yahoogroups. com, Ivan T
              > > <hulagun66@> wrote:
              > >
              > > You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you
              > > but we had a
              > > prior engagement. Ivan and Liz

              Don't pick lemons.
              See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

            • Elizabeth Dubuque
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
                I am getting used to the rooster myself and reminds us
                of our trips that we have taken to Kauai.