Mail Theft

  • Ferdinand Feria
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2010
      All,

      Be aware that somebody has been going around stealing mail.  we were a victim of mail theft , somebody stole our checks that was sent to our home ( been doing for 10 years, ist time it happened). Not going to do this again. The check were written after 8/11/10 .They used my checks to pay their PG&E , SFPUC, Metro PCS , and also to purchase a vehicle. I was able to contact my bank before they could take any money away from my account. Please be aware of any suspecious individual hanging around your mail box if it is exposed. I pray that this nightmare does not happen to anyone else. I already made a police report , I hope they catch the perpetrator.

      Bud
    • Ms. Kristy
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2010
        Thank you Bud

        I will let my dad know about this.

        Kristy

        Be aware that somebody has been going around stealing mail.  we were a victim of mail theft , somebody stole our checks that was sent to our home ( been doing for 10 years, ist time it happened). Not going to do this again. The check were written after 8/11/10 .They used my checks to pay their PG&E , SFPUC, Metro PCS , and also to purchase a vehicle. I was able to contact my bank before they could take any money away from my account. Please be aware of any suspecious individual hanging around your mail box if it is exposed. I pray that this nightmare does not happen to anyone else. I already made a police report , I hope they catch the perpetrator.

        Bud

      • karen slater
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24, 2010
          Hi,
          I'm not a Bayview resident, but I am on this group. In any case, I think that you should contact the Post Office right away about the mail theft. The Postal Service has its own Postal Inspection staff that takes mail theft very seriously! They should know about this !
          Karen Slater
          On Aug 24, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Ferdinand Feria wrote:

          All,

          Be aware that somebody has been going around stealing mail.  we were a victim of mail theft , somebody stole our checks that was sent to our home ( been doing for 10 years, ist time it happened). Not going to do this again. The check were written after 8/11/10 .They used my checks to pay their PG&E , SFPUC, Metro PCS , and also to purchase a vehicle. I was able to contact my bank before they could take any money away from my account. Please be aware of any suspecious individual hanging around your mail box if it is exposed. I pray that this nightmare does not happen to anyone else. I already made a police report , I hope they catch the perpetrator.

          Bud

        • Leah Pimentel