Fwd: America True- India Basin True Youth Day, August 14th

  • Kristine Enea
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 10:19 AM
      Hi all,

      Please mark your calendars for the annual America True "True Youth Day" at India Basin Shoreline Park, this Saturday 8/14, 11am-3pm. Shoreline Park is off of Hunters Point Blvd, just around the bend from the old PG&E powerplant site on Evans. Youth of all ages will enjoy free kayaking and short catamaran hops on San Francisco's sunniest waterfront. Look how much fun we had last summer - http://www.vimeo.com/5891391

      Dan from America True is looking for help with a whole host of tasks - please see below, and let Dan know if you can volunteer: Dan Leininger, navygator1@..., 510-495-5965.

      It's really a joy to see kids getting on the water for the first time. Hope you can join us!

      Kristine

      Same format as in past years.... I could REALLY use help with:
      • Purchasing Food, Drinks, Condiments, and bringing to the event. (you will be reimbursed)
      • Clean-up/Beach Prep Prior to the event (plan to start at about 9AM)
      • Towing of kayaks to India Basin, and return to SBH after event. Tow boat to remain as a safety boat during the event. (pretty sure Norm has this covered...)
      • HOBIE CATS!- It would be GREAT to get a few there to give rides.... (i'm not sure I'm going to have the AT Hobie Cat ready by then....but trying!)
      • Extra Safety boat/Driver.
      • Extra VHF radios for communications.
      • Help with BBQ area set-up, cooking, serving.
      • Help with Check- in, Waiver sign-ups.
      • Help with Life Vest fitting/Return.
      • Help on the beach- launching and recovery of kayaks/Hobie Cats.
      • Clean-Up after the event.

      I will be making arrangements for a portable toilet/wash station.

      I will bring:

      • 2 Weber grills, plenty of charcoal, lighter fluid, cooking utensils, and 2 tubs for drinks
      • all paper/plastic goods- plates, napkins, table covers, cups, utensils, garbage bags and a trash can
      • first-aid kit, which contains plenty of sunscreen
      • broom/dust pan for BBQ area sweepdown
      • Lots of Life Vests
      • Pens, papers for sign-ups

      Please let me know if you can help with any of the above items, and please feel free to email/call me if you have any questions, ideas.

      Looking forward to another GREAT event!- Hope to see you all there!

      Best Regards,

      Dan Leininger

      America True

      510.495.5965