Re: [betterbayview] ART 94124 | Open for Business and Upcoming Events

  • Chris Buck
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22 8:58 AM
      This arrived in my inbox this a.m.

      FYI

      Chris

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 22, 2010, at 7:12 AM, "Sarah" <sarah@...> wrote:

      ART 94124 is Open for Business!

      OPEN GALLERY HOURS
      See schedule below for dates | 11am-3pm

      We're excited to announce a schedule of open gallery hours at ART 94124 over the next couple of weeks. We wanted to give people an opportunity to come see the current benefit exhibit "3" and support your local gallery.

      Please bear in mind that we are an unfunded, community-run venture running on volunteer power, all of which is unpaid. As this is a benefit exhibition, we encourage you to come by the gallery and make a purchase. We need your help to keep the lights on and the doors open. We believe, as we hope you do, that it's important to have a venue like ART 94124 in a neighborhood so saturated with artists and studios. We are centrally located in the Bayview Hunters Point area, and are motivated by building the community through art. We are constantly in awe of the talent and vision that exists right here in the 94124, and this show highlights some of that talent.

      ART 94124 GALLERY will be open from 11am-3pm on:
      Thursday, July 22
      Saturday, July 24
      Monday, July 26
      Tuesday, July 27
      Thurday, July 29
      Saturday, July 31
      Monday, August 2
      Tuesday, August 3
      Thursday, August 5

      So please, bring yourself, your friends, your neighbors, and collectors! Let them know that supporting a small community gallery supports the community in a much larger way than a simple art sale ever could—they're playing a part in reinvigorating a neighborhood, from the inside out.

      Come by and appreciate the art of 3: ART 94124's Anniversary Benefit Group Exhibit. Support local art, local artists, and your local gallery by stopping by, and please consider making a purchase. All proceeds benefit future exhibits and events at ART 94124.

      ART 94124 CALENDAR

      0
      6|05|10 – 08|06|10
      EXHIBIT | 3: ART 94124's Anniversary Benefit Group Exhibit

      ART 94124 is embarking on our 3rd year of building the community through ART. To celebrate we're pleased to present 3: ART 94124's Anniversary Benefit Group Exhibit, a multi-disciplinary group exhibition with 3 themes. In the tan room, 3's Artful Mart, featuring artisan-made arts, crafts, cards, and a silent auction with $33 starting bids; in the blue room, 3 Paintings Each, featuring Bayview-Hunters Point painters exhibiting 3 pieces per artist, and including paintings in 3 disciplines: oil, acrylic, and watercolor; in the red room, 3's Public Glass Group Show, featuring the artistry of studio artists from Bayview-based Public Glass. Go to our web site for more info about the exhibit and a list of participating artists.

      08|06|10
      EVENT | Artist Reception for the Artists of "3" | Friday, August 6 | 6-9pm

      Join us for an Artist Reception to celebrate the artists of 3: ART 94124's Anniversary Benefit Group Exhibit. Meet the artist who created that piece you've had your eye on. Better yet see what joy looks like when you tell someone that you just bought their work.

      As we mingle with the artists we'll be serving wine and cheese while enjoying the musical talents of singer/songwriter and Bayview resident Olivia Clayton. Olivia's background is in classical and jazz; she's currently working on her own originals that are more contemporary, confessional songs. Olivia's husband Greg is one of the artists featured in
      3 Paintings Each. Seems that talent runs in the family!

      08|07|10
      EVENT | BLAUHAUS—It's time to get creative. | Saturday, August 7 | 3-8pm

      Let's be frank. The economy still sucks and jobs are still hard to come by. It's time to get creative—and people are. The new economy starts at home. An idea becomes a product. A product becomes a business. A business becomes a job. A job becomes a livelihood.

      A unique venue for a unique time, THE BLAUHAUS will showcase the talents of a hand-picked handful of creative upstarts.
      Creative people creating stuff. Designing, producing, making, and baking. Products, objects, eats, and drinks. Support the new economy by supporting them. By supporting them we support each other
      .

      Hosted by Sarah Stangle and Chris Buck, active members of ART 94124, THE BLAUHAUS will be held at 1642 Palou Avenue on August 6 from 3-8pm. Bring yourself and your desire to support creative upstarts creating stuff. Hang out for the afternoon. Eat and drink and purchase the products of tomorrow, today (or actually on August 7th, from 3-8pm). And at minimum you should be ready to have a fun time meeting creative people that are creating stuff.

      For more information go here: www.sarahstangle. com/blauhaus. html
      . See you at THE BLAUHAUS!

      ONGOING
      ONLINE STORE | www.ART94124. com | Open for Business!

      We've created a STORE page on our web site to feature some products produced by ART 94124 and our collaborators. Proceeds benefit ART 94124 future exhibits and events and support the participating local artists. Give it a look and make a purchase to show your support of local art, local artists, and local issues!

      ART 94124 GALLERY   |   3900B Third Street   |   San Francisco, CA  94124   |   415-920-9790   |   www.ART94124. com