Fwd: Year Up: Young adults Earn while they learn

  • Kristine Enea
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2010
    From: Trevor Hooper <thooper@...>
    Date: July 6, 2010 2:46:01 PM PDT
    To: Trevor Hooper <thooper@...>
    Subject: Year Up: Young adults Earn while they learn

    Dear Fellow Youth Advocates,

    We are recruiting for our September class and want to share this opportunity with your network.

    Year Up is a national non-profit job training and internship placement program for young adults 18-24 years old. We require that our students have graduated high school or have a G.E.D, legal right to work, and motivation to work-hard for success.

    Our free one-year program offers amazing benefits to our young adults, including technical training, college credits from City College of San Francisco, a paid weekly stipend, a corporate internship, a certificate in technical support, one-on-one mentoring and advising, and most importantly the opportunity to reach their potential. 85% of our graduates make an annualized average of $35,000 in the entry level IT field four months after they complete the program.

    We spend the first six months in the classroom training our students to be skilled computer technicians. During this time we practice essential professional skills, such as business writing, communication and etiquette with our students. During the second 6 months of the Year Up program, our students work as interns with major corporations. The internship gives our students the work experience that is critical in their development as young professionals. In the Bay Area, we are partnered with Salesforce.com, Kaiser Permanente, California Pacific Medical Center, Wells Fargo Bank, Mozilla Firefox, and Responsys.

    Our next class begins September 2010. The application deadline is August 13th, 2010.

    We have an Open House every Wednesday at 4pm. For more information, please contact Trevor at 415-512-7588 x 3506, or email at sfbayadmissions@.... You can also visit us at www.yearup.org. Our office is located in downtown San Francisco at 210 Spear Street .

    Best regards,

    Trevor Hooper

    Trevor Hooper
    Manager of Outreach and Admissions