you may qualify for a free or very low-cost solar electric system.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2010
      Would you like to go green… to save some "green" on your PG&E bill?

      Do you own a home in Bayview Hunters Point?

      If you answered YES to these two questions, then you may qualify for a free or very low-cost solar electric system.

      Since 2004, GRID Alternatives has installed 270 energy units for our elder homeowners, lower-income residents, persons with disabilities, as well as local community organizations in northern, central and southern California. These initial installations will generate nearly $3 million dollars worth of clean, renewable power over the life of the systems; while offsetting 10,357 tons of harmful greenhouse gas emissions. Through solar and energy efficiency efforts, the average homeowner will save from 50 to 75 percent on their electric bills; and enhance their property value. To date, we have also trained over 2,030 construction workers, apprentices, youth and volunteers from all walks of life in energy efficiency and photovoltaic (pv) solar electric applications. Our partners include: PG&E; the cities and/or counties of Oakland, Richmond, San Francisco and San Mateo; and non-profit groups such as Habitat for Humanity, Rebuilding Together, Solar Richmond, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights and many others. We plan to significantly expand our efforts in the coming period.

      To determine if you meet the income requirements, and if your home and roof are suitable for solar, contact:

      Leah Pimentel, Outreach Coordinator for GRID Alternatives
      510.550.8535, ext. 333; by email at lpimentel@... or www.gridalternatives.org

      Using the Power of the Sun…
      To help save our environment, save money for homeowners, and save our families through job training opportunities!