Re: [betterbayview] Barktoberfest for Pet Lovers Sat. 10/24 2pm-5pm 525 Phelps @ Galvez

  • Dust Wells
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 13, 2009
      does the city trim trees or is that the home owner's responsibility?

      what's the number? (for the city or for a tree trimmer)???

      Thanks --we got tree branches beating our windows in this storm,

      Dustin on Innes

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 13, 2009
        If it's a DPW street, like Mendell, parts of Innes 1400 block, Hudson, 3rd, the city will trim it, (careful what you ask for though they can be severe).

        You can call 311.

        --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Dust Wells <dusty.whales@...> wrote:

        > does the city trim trees or is that the home owner's responsibility?
        >
        > what's the number? (for the city or for a tree trimmer)???
        >
        > Thanks --we got tree branches beating our windows in this storm,
        >
        > Dustin on Innes

      • Chris Waddling
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2009
          Dustin,

          Innes btwn the end of the street and Mendell is a city-maintained stretch for curbside trees. They won't do trees on your property or in your backyard.

          Friends of the Urban forest may be able to recommend a tree trimmer for you if you're not in this part of the street or of you want some control over the outcome of the trim.

          Chris
          -----
          Chris Waddling

          On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Dust Wells <dusty.whales@...> wrote:

          does the city trim trees or is that the home owner's responsibility?

          what's the number? (for the city or for a tree trimmer)???

          Thanks --we got tree branches beating our windows in this storm,

          Dustin on Innes

        • Jim Hunger
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14, 2009
            Hey dust---

            Mendell Street trees are the responsibility of the city (I think you're concerned with that side of your house). On the other side it would be FUF. You can contact Urban Forestry at: (415) 554-5826.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 14, 2009
              I phoned in to 311 the broken branch on the sidewalk, and the broken limb hanging. It was already reported. They said dpw is very busy because of the storm.

              I noticed another neighbor on Mendell restaking the 2 little trees on the 600 block that had fallen over. Nice neighbor to have.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 23, 2009
                Hope to see some of you there tomorrow. - Matt

                --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "bayview94124" <mendellapt@...> wrote:

                > Pet Camp invites you to BARKTOBERFEST.
                >
                > Saturday October 24th, 2009 2pm-5pm
                > Located at Pet Camp 525 Phelps Street @ Galvez.
                >
                > Festivities include:
                > - Beer & Hot Dogs for both you and your dogs.
                > - Howl-oween costume contest for the pooches.
                > - Hay Bale Maze A-mazing outdoor activity
                > - Pumpkin decorating for the kids
                > - Raffles, prizes and more...
                >
                > This is a free event so grab your friends and join the fun!
                >
                > RSVP: events@...
                > More info call 415.282.0700 ext 5.
                >
                > Cat and dog owners can also take this opportunity to tour the facility, rain or shine.

              • Mendell Studio
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
                  Huge turn out, great party. Wish there were pictures of everyone but at least we got about 200 photos of the party.  Should have taken the camera out sooner. To see the pics go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/campercameos/sets/72157622531158169/