Fwd: Better Streets Plan: Update and public meetings / Fall 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Briggs, Kenya <KBriggs@...>
      Date: Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM
      Subject: Better Streets Plan: Update and public meetings / Fall 2009
      :

      Dear Stormwater Enthusiast -

      Across the nation, forward-thinking cities are creating street design manuals as a tool to improve the quality and character of their neighborhoods and districts.  In San Francisco, the Better Streets Plan creates a vision and provides guidelines for making the city's streets safer, greener and more enjoyable for all, following the City's Transit-First Policy and Better Streets Policy.

      After nearly three years of work and over 80 public meetings, the Better Streets Plan is nearing its completion.  The City published the Draft Better Streets Plan in June 2008.  At that time, we held numerous public meetings across the city to gather public feedback on the Draft Plan, and received written comment from a variety of organizations and individuals.

      Since that time, City staff have been working on several products, including:

      •    Plan revisions based on public comment
      •    Strategies for delivering better streets improvements
      •    Required environmental review under CEQA

      Beginning in October, we will be holding a series of informational hearings and public discussions to provide an update on the plan and present new products as the City moves towards adopting the Better Streets Plan.

      Informational hearings and public discussions will be scheduled in the coming weeks - please check our website for the latest updates:

      Thank you for your continued involvement and dedication to improving the quality of the pedestrian realm in San Francisco!

      Sincerely,

      The Better Streets Team

      Visit: www.sfbetterstreets.org.

      E-mail: info@...