New SFPUC Blog about S.F. SewersThursday, July 9, 2009 1:02 AM

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2009
      The S.F. Public Utilities Commission will be releasing a draft of the Master Plan document later this Fall. Stay tuned for more information. In the meantime, visit our blog at http://sfsewers.blogspot.com to learn first hand about how we are redefining the words wastewater and stormwater in San Francisco . On our blog you'll find fun videos, tips, incentives, contests and much more related to our sewer system.

      We'll be regularly updating this site with the latest like locations where you can recycle your used cooking oil for biodiesel, program details about our rain barrel incentive program, and in-depth videos on how our sewers and treatment plants really work. For example, did you know that there are enough sewer pipes in San Francisco to stretch from Portland , Oregon to San Diego , California ?

      Our first post is a silent video homage on how to build a rain barrel system for your home. It has appearances by the legendary Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton. It is fun, easy, saves water, saves money, and helps the environment. Just an example of the fun stuff you'll find on our blog.

      So what are you waiting for, visit http://sfsewers.blogspot.com today. And if you sign-up on the blog site, you'll get an automatic email update and be the first to know about cool giveaways, contests, programs, and events.

      See you there!
      Tyrone Jue "aka" S.F. Sewers Guru

      S.F. Public Utilities Commission
      Communications Division