Re: [betterbayview] Fairfax & Mendell sidewalk repair around DPW trees

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009
      forms and guidelines are available at http://plantsf.org/Forms.html

      On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:46 PM, bayview94124 <mendellapt@...> wrote:

      Anyone know how to get permission to sledgehammer the concrete rings choking the DPW trees at the intersection of Fairfax and Mendell, both streets, about 3 blocks affected? It'd not affect the sidewalk, except to take the pressure off it it, and it'd increase permeability.

      I've posted photos to this group. Hit the new photos link to see what I mean. I phoned it in to 311 maybe a year ago and nothing's happened.

    • buckpines@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009
        I'll forward this along to my colleagues at DPW.

        Your request is not being ignored, it is a simple supply and demand issue. A lot of work to be done and not enough people and resources to get at it. With the great impending City of SF budget crisis of fiscal year '09-'10 quickly approaching, these type of issues will take even longer to get addressed.

        We have a database of all the trees we maintain on Fairfax. I'll print the list and walk it, noting where the cement collars within the tree basin are girdling and choking the base of the trees' trunks. Then I will forward it to our cement shop. I have no ETA on when it will get done.

        The City doesn't typically give permission to the public for this type of thing.

        Chris