letter sent to the Mayor and all members of Board of Supervisors

  • thinklizzylou
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2009
      Hi everyone,
      After looking at the don't rename 3rd street blog, I faxed this letter to both Mayor Newsom and Sophie Maxwell. I also emailed it to every SF Supervisor. The blog made it real easy with all of the links. Thanks!!!
      Please keep us posted as to when the meeting is. It would be great for those of us who oppose the renaming of 3rd street to show up in large numbers, with signs, and ready to comment.
      Elizabeth

      KEEP IT 3RD STREET

      Dear Mayor Newsom;

      I am not only a resident of Bayview-Hunter's Point but I own a home on 3rd Street. My husband and I completely oppose the renaming of our street, 3rd Street, to anything especially Willie Brown Jr. Blvd.

      I have always supported you but with this complete dismissal of asking for the communities input in renaming our Main Street is outrageous!

      I take a lot of pride in living on 3rd Street. I like the sound of it. It has history.

      I love referring to our area as The Third Street Corridor, talking about the 3rd street rail and helping promote The Shop on 3rd Street Campaign.

      The businesses have been through enough out here. They do not need the cost and confusion of changing their address on their business cards, invoices, stationary, etcÂ…

      I urge you to not support this.

      This was presumptuous and irresponsible of the Mayor and Sophie Maxwell at best.

      Thank you,
      Elizabeth