Re: [betterbayview] SF gate story

    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2007
      my own sense is that most development fights are really fights about design.  no one wants schlocky (sp?) buildings marring our neighborhoods and many would rather have an intersting yet dilapidated structure than something that is, as john king says, "dull, dull, dull." look through the archives and read what he says about mission bay.  the redevelopment agency's exacting and formulaic design restrictions were a large reason for mission bay's vanilla feel. its my hope that we can get something more than that in the bayview.

      aml

      On 5/30/07, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:

      Very interesting story.
      Relevant to the redevelopment being proposed in
      Bayview.

      http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/30/BAG7QQ3PBD1.DTL

      Ivan

      http://sims.yahoo.com/