intro

    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2007
      hi everyone,

      i just joined the group and matt asked that i introduce myself.

      i've lived in the neighborhood- in india basin - for eight years and have been working on neighborhood issues since 1996 when i was an organizer for the southeast alliance for environmental justice.  SAEJ as it was known led the fight against what would have been a 3rd power plant in the neighborhood and then organized the campaign that led to the agreement to shut down the hunters point power plant - i hope all of you have had a chance to swing by the area to see how the deconstruction is proceeding.  in addition to power plant related stuff i worked on getting more money for hunters point shipyard cleanup, redevelopment related stuff, and my continuing obsession of trying to do make some big changes at the southeast sewage treatment plant that stinks up our neighborhood's northern gateway.

      my wife and i had a son two and a half weeks ago so my activism has kinda slowed down recently, but i'm continuing working on water & sewage related issues as chair of the PUC's citizens advisory committee.

      alex
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2007
        Alex,

        Welcome and Congratulations on the new addition!!!

        Thanks for the work on the power plants etc. I've been trying for a
        month to get PG&E to consider planting sidewalk trees on blighted
        Barneveld behind the Bayshore plant and I have been talking to people
        at the sewage plant for the past few weeks. Working on pursuading
        them to plant (fragrant) trees through F.U.F. along the sidewalk on
        Jerrold and maybe Phelps, and trying to arrange some feral cat
        Trap/Neuter/Return through SFSPCA for the colony of cats at the
        sewage plant.

        Matt

        --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Lantsberg"
        <lantsberg@...> wrote:

        > hi everyone,
        >
        > i just joined the group and matt asked that i introduce myself.
        >
        > i've lived in the neighborhood- in india basin - for eight years
        and have
        > been working on neighborhood issues since 1996 when i was an
        organizer for
        > the southeast alliance for environmental justice. SAEJ as it was
        known led
        > the fight against what would have been a 3rd power plant in the
        neighborhood
        > and then organized the campaign that led to the agreement to shut
        down the
        > hunters point power plant - i hope all of you have had a chance to
        swing by
        > the area to see how the deconstruction is proceeding. in addition
        to power
        > plant related stuff i worked on getting more money for hunters point
        > shipyard cleanup, redevelopment related stuff, and my continuing
        obsession
        > of trying to do make some big changes at the southeast sewage
        treatment
        > plant that stinks up our neighborhood's northern gateway.
        >
        > my wife and i had a son two and a half weeks ago so my activism has
        kinda
        > slowed down recently, but i'm continuing working on water & sewage
        related
        > issues as chair of the PUC's citizens advisory committee.
        >
        > alex
      • Jim Hunger