Mayor's Open Space Task Force

  • Kristine Enea
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi all, here's an opportunity to ask for more green space in India Basin and the rest of BVHP.
      Kristine

      Mayor’s Open Space Task Force
      Community Workshop Series to Begin in October

      We are soliciting YOUR participation and opinions about the future of Open Space in San Francisco at a choice of meetings and venues to create an Open Space Framework.

      The Open Space Framework aims to provide all the elements needed to achieve San Francisco's goal of a comprehensive open space network, one that is made up of local, citywide, regional and even national destinations, and that provides space for people in every neighborhood to relax, recreate and enjoy the natural beauty of our city on a daily basis. (Go to www.openspacesf.org for more information about how to get involved)

      The Open Space Framework will include three different components:
       The first will be a Vision Map for open space for the City for the next 100 years - a broad outline of what the City's ideal open space network would look like.
       The second will be the City's guiding policy document, a revised Recreation and Open Space Element (ROSE), which is part of the City's General Plan and will guide open space development, acquisition and priorities for the City of San Francisco for the next 25 years.
       The final component will be a short-term Action Plan - a set of five and ten year implementation programs, which include funding mechanism.

      While the Open Space Framework cannot guide specific site acquisition or renovation, it will provide a roadmap for policy makers, City agencies and our open space partners in setting overall citywide priorities for open space.

      How can YOU participate?
       Join us at public meetings
       Provide feedback online
       Attend or organize a meeting in your neighborhood
       Attend a hearing
       Contact a member of Open Space Team

      Contact Information:

      Websites
      www.openspacesf.org (Open Space Framework and outreach process)
      http://openspace.sfplanning.org (Recreation and Open Space Element)

      For general inquiries or comments,
      Email: Openspace@...

      For questions about the outreach or how to get involved,
      Email: kedwards@...
      Phone: 415-621-3260

      For specific questions about the Recreation and Open Space Element,
      Email: Susan.Exline@...
      Phone: 415-558-6332

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2008
        Took the survey at http://www.openspacesf.org/

        Please take the survey and let them know what we in BHP want for our
        parks and open spaces.

        Matt

        --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Kristine Enea <kristine@...>