Police Station Meeting June 5th 7pm Williams Ave. Station

  • Jeffrey Betcher
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2007
      This is in response to a request: For issues such as the recent plant
      theft, one avenue for advocacy is to go to the Bayview Police Station
      Captain's Meeting. Capt. Albert Pardini typically holds his meeting on
      the first Tuesday of each month.

      Each station holds a similar meeting and also has an e-list for updates
      about prevention activities, community meetings, and recent law
      enforcement activity. You can sign up for the Bayview e-list at the
      meetings, or email the station. Let me know if you want more
      information about that.

      By the way, anyone interested in the history of the Bayview should
      check out the exhibit at the library. Some of the narrative from it is
      posted on www.quesadagardens.org...with more to come.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
        Just called Bayview Station to confirm that the meeting tonight will
        be happening. The officer answering the phone couldn't tell me. He
        transferred me to some voice mail, I left a message. I called back
        and asked for Capt. Pardini but got his voice mail too. I hope to
        hear back from them, but intend to go either way just to be sure we
        don't miss it. Three of us are going together. Anyone else plan to be
        there?

        -Matt

        --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Betcher" <jeffrey@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
          Yup, it's happening. 7pm in the community room at the Williams St.
          station. I'll be there.

          --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "bayview94124" <mendellapt@...>
          wrote:

          > Just called Bayview Station to confirm that the meeting tonight
          will
          > be happening. The officer answering the phone couldn't tell me. He
          > transferred me to some voice mail, I left a message. I called back
          > and asked for Capt. Pardini but got his voice mail too. I hope to
          > hear back from them, but intend to go either way just to be sure we
          > don't miss it. Three of us are going together. Anyone else plan to
          be
          > there?
          >
          > -Matt
          >
          > --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Betcher" <jeffrey@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > This is in response to a request: For issues such as the recent
          > plant
          > > theft, one avenue for advocacy is to go to the Bayview Police
          > Station
          > > Captain's Meeting. Capt. Albert Pardini typically holds his
          > meeting on
          > > the first Tuesday of each month.
          > >
          > > Each station holds a similar meeting and also has an e-list for
          > updates
          > > about prevention activities, community meetings, and recent law
          > > enforcement activity. You can sign up for the Bayview e-list at
          > the
          > > meetings, or email the station. Let me know if you want more
          > > information about that.
          > >
          > > By the way, anyone interested in the history of the Bayview
          should
          > > check out the exhibit at the library. Some of the narrative from
          > it is
          > > posted on www.quesadagardens.org...with more to come.

        • Mendell Street
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
            Great. What happens at the meetings? What are the topics? Do we decide?  - Matt

            wrote:

            > Just called Bayview Station to confirm that the meeting tonight
            will
            > be happening. The officer answering the phone couldn't tell me. He
            > transferred me to some voice mail, I left a message. I called back
            > and asked for Capt. Pardini but got his voice mail too. I hope to
            > hear back from them, but intend to go either way just to be sure we
            > don't miss it. Three of us are going together. Anyone else plan to
            be
            > there?
            >
            > -Matt
            >
            > --- In betterbayview@ yahoogroups. com, "Jeffrey Betcher" <jeffrey@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > This is in response to a request: For issues such as the recent
            > plant
            > > theft, one avenue for advocacy is to go to the Bayview Police
            > Station
            > > Captain's Meeting. Capt. Albert Pardini typically holds his
            > meeting on
            > > the first Tuesday of each month.
            > >
            > > Each station holds a similar meeting and also has an e-list for
            > updates
            > > about prevention activities, community meetings, and recent law
            > > enforcement activity. You can sign up for the Bayview e-list at
            > the
            > > meetings, or email the station. Let me know if you want more
            > > information about that.
            > >
            > > By the way, anyone interested in the history of the Bayview
            should
            > > check out the exhibit at the library. Some of the narrative from
            > it is
            > > posted on www.quesadagardens. org...with more to come.

            .

          • Mendell Street
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
              Got a message from Captain Pardini. The meeting is of course tonight as we know. We can enter on the Newhall entrance of the Police Station at 201 Williams.
              -Matt

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
                There's an agenda, typically. There may be a presentation or report
                from the District Fire Captain or Barbara at SAFE about some general
                topic like 'safety." Yvonne Mere from the City Attorney's office
                will give a report and take down comments about problem addresses
                that she can handle through the civic justice process. And there's
                usually time for general questions. Additionally, Capt. Pardini will
                offer to talk after the meeting if there is something sensitive you
                want to discuss. Jeffrey

                --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Mendell Street <mendellapt@...>