Re: [Indiabasin] Condition of India Basin Shoreline Park

  • Kristine Enea
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 12:17 PM
      Thanks Kate. Hopefully the ParkScan reports will get the swing and the irrigation system fixed.

      You've probably noticed that the port-a-poddy is now gone, meaning we now have a park with no bathroom at all. It's time to renew the discussions on building a permanent one. We can hardly promote the park as a good place for events or parties if there's no running water or facilities.

      As for the vandalism, I'll get this information to our police liaison, Sgt. Weathersby, and see if he can help.

      Kristine

      On Aug 31, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Kate Austin-Groen wrote:

      Hi All.

      I just wanted to let you know that I've been sending observations to ParkScan about the deplorable condition of India Basin Shoreline Park.

      The baby swing broke (or more likely... was broken by someone), so I took some photos and sent them in, along with some other requests for repair.  I don't actually have the link for the first one I sent, but here's the second one, with photos:

      Today I went down and they did replace the baby swing, but with a rusted, unusable monstrosity.  You can see it here:

      I am LIVID.

      I just wanted to let y'all know what is going on and to encourage you all to send observations into ParkScan.

      I don't know what to do about the people who destroy our park in the first place.  I do not know what is wrong with people who throw glass in a children's play area or wreck public property, but there's only so much we can do here.

      Thank you!

      Kate