free food for plants

    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2008
      on a related topic... The Oceanside Treatment Plant will be giving
      away free compost this Sat. May 10th from 9am-2pm at 3500 Great
      Highway Blvd. (btw. Sloat & Skyline)

      Bring your own vehicle and containers to store the compost. For more
      info call 415.554.3289 or visit www.sfsewers.org

      The last event held in Bayview at Jerrold and Phelps was so popular
      they ran out of compost about an hour before the end of the event. I
      will let you know when they are back in Bayview with free biosolids
      compost.

      --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "Whisky Tango"
      <dusty.whales@...> wrote:

      > we have a nice plot of ground beside our house that needs love and
      work at the corner of Innes and Mendel. perfect. thanks for the tip.

      > Dust
      >

      > On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:27 AM, bayview94124 <mendellapt@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > The Victory Garden Project
      > >
      > > Victory Gardens 2008+ is a pilot project funded by the City of San
      > > Francisco to support the transition of backyard, front yard,
      window boxes, rooftops, and unused land into organic food production
      areas.

      > > In 2008 we will choose 15 households that represent the diversity
      of San Francisco to participate in the program. You can participate
      > regardless of your income, ethnicity, available space,
      neighborhood, gardening experience, or lifestyle.