    From: Supervisor Malia Cohen [mailto:malia.cohen@...]
    Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 11:17 AM
    Subject: Participatory Budgeting Results

    http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=a98d421c-b5f0-4805-8265-2610570f913b&a=1109991760435&d=1117531387894&r=3&o=http://ui.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif&c=533dd410-79d6-11e3-a635-d4ae52733bf0&ch=54067b40-79d6-11e3-a6e7-d4ae52733bf0

    Supervisor MALIA COHEN Serving San Francisco's 10th District

    http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs002/1109991760435/img/3.jpgSMCv. valleyopera house

    Participatory Budgeting Results

    http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif

    I am proud to announce the results of the District 10 Participatory Budgeting process. During this year's pilot program, over 400 District 10 residents voted to decide on how we should spend $100,000 to improve and enhance our neighborhoods.
    http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs173/1109991760435/img/256.jpg
    The winning projects are listed below in the order of the number of votes received. Thank you to all who participated in this process. From submitting a project idea to attending a meeting, you participation made a difference. The process gave me an opportunity to hear from all of you about your ideas, priorities and vision for District 10.

    Senior Services Resource Program (Department of Human Services) $25,000
    Develop a senior resource outreach program, which includes expanded outreach to services including computer training, citizenship training and access to meals programs.

    Restorative Justice Mentorship Program (SF Unified School District) $25,000
    Implement a pilot program to assist low-income student populations and youth who have been suspended for disruptive behavior, and engage mentors who are former inmates to teach restorative justice at District 10 public schools.

    All-way Stop Sign Installation Studies (Municipal Transit Agency) $15,000 ($3,000 per location)
    Conduct studies to install all-way stop signs at the following intersections
    a) Mansell and Hamilton Streets
    b) Bacon and Girard Streets
    c) Mariposa and Pennsylvania Streets
    d) 18th and Texas Streets
    e) 24th and Minnesota Streets

    Support for Senior Services (Department of Human Services) $11,000
    Provide assistance and support for maintenance and utility costs dedicated to senior services in Visitacion Valley for six months.

    Early Childhood Urban Agriculture Program (Recreation and Park) $10,000
    Expand existing citywide Urban Agriculture program to include preschool aged children and young children in the district.
    Community Garden in Sunnydale (Mayor's Office of Community Development) $10,000
    Create a community garden on public property in the Sunnydale neighborhood.

    Youth Beautification Project Grant (Mayor's Office of Community Development) $5,000
    Develop a community action grant dedicated to beautification projects designed by under-served public high school students.

    I look forward to working with you to implement these projects and to continue advocating for more funding so that even the projects that weren't selected will be prioritized.

    Best regards,
    http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs002/1109991760435/img/20.jpg
    Malia Cohen
    Member, Board of Supervisors
    Paid for by Malia Cohen for Supervisor 2010 FPPC # 1321410

    Yoyo Chan
    Legislative Aide
    Office of Supervisor Malia Cohen
    (415) 554-