Ditemukan: 28 planet baru!

  • radityo djadjoeri
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
      Para astronom telah menemukan 28 planet baru. Apabila planet tersebut ternyata berpenghuni, apakah mereka menyembah Tuhan-Tuhan yang sama seperti diyakini penduduk Bumi?

      Planet hunters spy distant haul
      Gliese 436 (Copyright: Lynette Cook)
      The ice-giant Gliese 436 is 30 light years from Earth
      A haul of 28 new planets beyond our solar system has been detected by the world's most prolific planet hunters.

      The finds were among 37 objects seen orbiting distant stars by a US and Anglo-Australian team in the last year.

      Other objects reported by the group, at an American Astronomical Society meeting in Honolulu, included five failed stars, known as brown dwarfs.

      The finds increase the total number of known exoplanets to 236, more than half of which were discovered by the team.
      "The more we look, the more we find planets," said Professor Tinney of the University of New South Wales, head of the Australian part of the Anglo-Australian Planet Search.

      "Super-Earth"

      Among the finds were at least four multiple-planetary systems. All of the planets were so-called gas giants, similar to Jupiter, with no solid surface.

      "Something like 10 to 15% of stars host gas giants," said Professor Tinney. "A larger fraction of stars may host planets too small for us to detect."

      These could include Earth-sized objects, which could harbour life.
      Artist's impression of a planet around Gliese 581 (Eso)
      The smallest exoplanet discovered orbits Gliese 581
      Earlier this year, scientists using the European Southern Observatory (ESO) 3.6m Telescope in Chile discovered the smallest exoplanet - as astronomers call planets that orbit a star other than the Sun - yet.
      The "super-Earth" orbited the faint star Gliese 581, 20.5 light-years away in the constellation Libra. Its radius was just 1.5 times that of the Earth.

      Intriguingly, the planet could have liquid water on its surface, a key ingredient of life.

      It was discovered using a sensitive instrument that can measure tiny changes in the velocity of a star as it experiences the gravitational tug of a nearby planet.

      It was the same method used to detect the latest batch of extra solar planets.

      According to Dr Jason Wright of the University of California, Berkeley, one of the members of the US California and Carnegie Planet Search, the technique has become more sophisticated, improving detection rates dramatically.

      "We're just now getting to the point where, if we were observing our own Solar System from afar, we would be seeing Jupiter," he said.
      These techniques allow scientists to detect changes in the motion of stars as small as one metre per second.

      Astronomers are stuck with such indirect methods of detection because current telescope technology struggles to image very distant and faint objects - especially when they orbit close to the glare of a star.

      Ice planet

      The discovery of the 28 new planets has given astronomers new targets to analyse in more detail.

      For example, a planet discovered two years ago has already yielded a mass of "extraordinarily rich" information, according to Professor Geoff Marcy of the University of California, Berkeley.
      Circling the star Gliese 436, 30 light years from Earth, was an ice-giant planet that was calculated by Swiss and Belgian scientists to be at least 22 Earth masses, slightly larger than the mass of Neptune.
      Their studies had also revealed its density.

      "It must be 50% rock and about 50% water, with perhaps small amounts of hydrogen and helium," said Professor Marcy.

      "This planet has the interior structure of a hybrid super-Earth/Neptune, with a rocky core surrounded by a significant amount of water compressed into solid form at high pressures and temperatures."
      However, the planet is not thought to be capable of supporting life.

      Building a website is a piece of cake.
    • Bowo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
        Tergantung seberapa majunya mereka.

        Masih ingat perkembangan 'Tuhan' di bumi sejak jaman dahulu kala hingga saat ini?
        Dulu batu, pohon besar aja disembah. Sekarang?

        Cheers,

        Bøwõ - batam
        SaintBerry™
        PIN:2042A9D8

        Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device powered by Matrix punya Indosat

        Gliese 436 (Copyright: Lynette Cook) <http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42981000/jpg/_42981463_gliese_436_203.jpg>

        Artist's impression of a planet around Gliese 581 (Eso) <http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42842000/jpg/_42842025_planet_eso_203b.jpg>
[...]

        e-mail: <mailto:radityo_dj@...> radityo_dj@...
        blog: <http://mediacare.blogspot.com/> http://mediacare.blogspot.com

        ----------------
        Building a website is a piece of cake.
        Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48251/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/?p=PASSPORTPLUS>
      • Nur Agustinus
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
          From: "radityo djadjoeri" <radityo_dj@...>
          > Para astronom telah menemukan 28 planet baru. Apabila planet tersebut
          ternyata berpenghuni, apakah mereka menyembah Tuhan-Tuhan yang sama seperti
          diyakini penduduk Bumi?

          Barangkali mereka menyembah yang kita anggap sebagai setan, sementara tuhan
          yang disembah manusia bumi adalah setan buat mereka. Maka jika mereka
          fanatik dan kita fanatik, siap siap saja terjadi perang antar planet... hua
          ha hahaha... :-))

          Salam,
          nur agustinus
        • daz
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
            hehehe, adanya kehidupan di sana aja belum pasti, kok dah berasumsi soal agama. V^^
          • Agul Bayumashudi
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
              Makin maju pemikiran dan peradaban mereka,
              semakin mereka mengenal Tuhan,
              semakin mengerti arti kebaikan dan cinta kasih...

              Percayalah...

              Pelajari tingkah laku dan misi alien dari mereka yang pernah diculik.
              Terutama yang 'grey alien'.
              Kalau tidak salah, salah satu misi mereka adalah menyelamatkan manusia bumi
              dari kehancuran, baik akibat perbuatan manusia (perang) maupun
              bencana alam.

              salam,

              -agul-

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
                From: "daz" <firdaz@...>
                > hehehe, adanya kehidupan di sana aja belum pasti, kok dah berasumsi soal
                > agama. V^^

                Saya pikir ini menarik, walau masih belum pasti ada kehidupan di planet
                lain, namun seandainya ada, maka tak ada salahnya kita memperkirakan
                bagaimana sistem kepercayaan mereka.

                From: "Agul Bayumashudi" <agulbayu@...>
                > Makin maju pemikiran dan peradaban mereka,
                > semakin mereka mengenal Tuhan,
                > semakin mengerti arti kebaikan dan cinta kasih...

                Menurut pendapat saya, semakin maju pemikiran dan peradaban mereka, maka
                kecenderungannya akan menjadi makin tidak percaya adanya Tuhan (karena tidak
                bisa dibuktikan menurut pemikiran sains yang ada) namun mereka makin
                mengerti arti kebaikan dan cinta kasih. Percaya adanya Tuhan tidak
                berkorelasi dengan kebaikan dan cinta kasih. Sistem kepercayaan seperti ini
                mendasari apa yang dinamakan humanisme.

                Salam,
                nur agustinus
              • Rannie
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
                  --- In beta-ufo@yahoogroups.com, Nur Agustinus <agustinus.nur@...> wrote:

                  > From: "radityo djadjoeri" <radityo_dj@...>
                  > > Para astronom telah menemukan 28 planet baru. Apabila planet tersebut
                  > ternyata berpenghuni, apakah mereka menyembah Tuhan-Tuhan yang sama
                  seperti
                  > diyakini penduduk Bumi?
                  >
                  > Barangkali mereka menyembah yang kita anggap sebagai setan,
                  sementara tuhan
                  > yang disembah manusia bumi adalah setan buat mereka. Maka jika mereka
                  > fanatik dan kita fanatik, siap siap saja terjadi perang antar
                  planet... hua
                  > ha hahaha... :-))
                  >
                  > Salam,
                  > nur agustinus

                  ..Atau mereka malah tuhan2/setan2 yang akan bergerak mencari
                  penyembah2nya atau sedang menunggu penyembah2nya (atau calon
                  penyembah) untuk datang kesana sbg lokasi 'surga' / nirvana /neraka
                  /.. he he he

                  salam.