1951RE: VexNet

  • dmgauntt2002
    Oct 7, 2013

      Greg is correct; a USB extension cable is included in the returnables kit as an optional item, and may be used even if it is not supplied by the hub.

      I will go wipe the egg off my face as a reminder to research my future replies a little bit more carefully!

      ---In bestinc@yahoogroups.com, <greg.young@...> wrote:

      Actually, you ARE allowed to use a USB extension cable for your VEXnet dongle.  If you look on the Returnable Kit List, there is an 18” USB A-A cable that is “optionally” provided by your hub.  That means that your hub MAY NOT have provided it to you.

      1 18" (or less) USB extension cable (between Cortex and WIFI key) Optional5 monoprice 5431

      5 Teams may use these Returnable Kit optional items even if they are not supplied by the hub.

      However, it is legal to use. You can certainly post this question to Q&A but  the answer will be YES it is legal..

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic