1944RE: Servo range of motion

  • gdyoung45
    Oct 5, 2013

      The maximum range of the servo is +/- 60 degrees without modification. You are not allowed to modify the servo. This is the limitation that you must deal with I'm afraid.You cannot legally get 180 degrees.

      You can see the specs for the 3003/3004 servos here:

      http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/analog.html

      60 deg swing.

      ---In bestinc@yahoogroups.com, <dmgauntt2002@...> wrote:

      I am fairly sure that the 120 degree range is less than the physical range of the servo, but that there is no way to get more range with this hardware.

      ---In bestinc@yahoogroups.com, <bsasealteam6@...> wrote:

      I believe that the servo probably has a physical block (you can test this by turning it manually without power and seeing how far it turns) and you cannot do anything about it.  Otherwise, I have no idea

      ---In bestinc@yahoogroups.com, <annboes2007@...> wrote:

      Hi,
      We are programming in RobotC. When giving the commands to run the servo from -127 to 127, we only get a range of motion of about 120 degrees. We would like to have a 180 degree sweep of the servo. What is the limiting factor and can we do anything about it?
      THanks,
      Ann
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic