A new post on the Really Simple Syndication site...

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004
      An unnamed correspondent writes: "Dave, how I can explain to my large media corporation higher-ups why it's not a bad thing that they lose traffic (and therefore revenue) if their readers are using our RSS feeds instead of visiting the site? I understand why RSS is a good idea from a user perspective, but what's the argument from the content provider perspective? Can you feed the ads too? Is it possible to track traffic on an RSS feed to know how many people are subscribed?"

      My answer is on the site, with a place for you to comment...

      Dave
    • Rebecca MacKinnon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004

        Just had great fun reading the comments after Julie Leung’s RSS post.

        That “aggregator for kids” idea is fab. You could do a special one with pink Barbie skins!!  My cousin’s daughter would go nuts.