An invitation: editor of globe, founder of Mother Jones, others debate the nature of news reporting

  • bob stepno
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      With all the news/journalism/blogging events coming up, you'd think we
      were celebrating the 300th anniversary of all three this month, not
      just the first successful North American newspaper (the Boston
      News-Letter, which was, in fact, mostly an aggregator of London
      news)...

      April 6 panel at Harvard, April 7 in Boston, Bloggercon on the 17th....
      (And more; see this calendar for Harvard Shorenstein Center events:
      http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/presspol/News_Events/calendar.shtml)

      Both the April 6 Shorenstein panel and the one April 7 (see below), put
      together by my old friends at Emerson, look excellent. I checked to
      make sure the Emerson one is open. They've moved it to the Tremont
      Boston Hotel, which may not be the site given on Emerson's web pages.

      See you at one of them if I don't sink to deeply into blogging about
      April 1704...

      Bob
      PS The Shorenstein Center panel on Boston Beats, April 6, 5 p.m., is in
      Bell Hall (in the Belfer Building), John F. Kennedy School of
      Government,
      79 JFK St., Cambridge.

      Begin forwarded message: