Kim Charlson on "Access to print: Literacy, information access, assistive technology, and opportunity as a civil right"

  • Deborah Elizabeth Finn
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2011
      Dear Berkman Bloggers,

      As many of you know, the Ethos Roundtable meets monthly in Harvard Square to discuss 1) measuring and extending ethos, and 2) using technology for positive social change.

      This month, our featured guest will be Kim Charlson, director of the Perkins Braille and Talking Book Library.  The topic will be "Access to print: Literacy, information access, assistive technology, and opportunity as a civil right."

      All of you are always welcome at the Ethos Roundtable, but I want to extend a special invitation this month, because I think this session will be of great interest to many of you who are working toward digital inclusion of all.  Full details about this December 20th event are available here:

      <http://ping.fm/zbBKK>

      Best regards from Deborah

      Deborah Elizabeth Finn
      Strategist and Consultant
      Technology for the Nonprofit and Philanthropic Sector
      Boston, Massachusetts, USA

      Email: deborah.elizabeth@...
      Blog: www.deborahelizabethfinn.com
      Skype: Deborah909
      Twitter: Deborah909
      LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/deborah909
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Deborah.Elizabeth.Finn
      Mobile phone: 1-617-504-8188
      Voicemail: 1-617-958-1959

      I bring resources and needs together for nonprofits and
      philanthropies, mostly through strategic use of information
      and communication technologies.