Startup Bootcamp at MIT, 10/12, + Ruby on Rails workshop for women, 10/16-17

  • Jessica Baumgart
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2009
      Howdy!

      Two events of interest:

      "Startup Bootcamp [begins] at 9:00am on October 12, 2009 at Kresge Auditorium, MIT. ... Startup Bootcamp is a free one-day event featuring talks by entrepreneurs and venture capitalists on how to start a company ." Registration required. http://startupbootcamp.mit.edu/

      ---

      "The Berkman Center at Harvard University in coordination with the Center for Research on Computation and Society is putting together a Ruby on Rails workshop for women on October 16th and 17th.

      We are seeking to create an attitude-free, newbie-safe and mama- friendly tech event to encourage women to join the Ruby on Rails community. This is an inclusive event meant to promote mixed gender collaboration."
      More info and registration: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/genderandtech/ruby-on-rails-workshop-for-women/

      Happy fall!

    • j Baumgart
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2009
        Howdy!

        The Boston Book Festival is Saturday, October 24, 10 a to 6 p, in Copley Square. There's a stellar lineup of attendees and events all day. http://bostonbookfest.org/.

        Incidentally, OLPC {One Laptop Per Child} will be there in force and is looking for some volunteers to help with the tent and show off the new XOs. If any of you would like to assist with that, please message me offlist.

        Cheers!

        j Baumgart