This week: Yvette Wohn on neat social news site Ewhaian.com

  • Erica George
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      This week, we’ll welcome Yvette Wohn to discuss the Korean news & social site Ewhaian.com: “Integrating hyperlocal news with social networking”

      From Yvette:
      In 2001, three seniors at Ewha Women’s University launched a social networking site for students of their school. (Ewha is one of Korea’s top universities and the largest women’s univ. in the world) With campus media subsidized and screened, this online portal took off not only as a networking site but also as an independent news and information portal. With 50,000 active user accounts (mostly current students) and an average of 8,000 concurrent users, the site is a forum for synchronous and asynchronous communication.

      More info on the blog post
      http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/bloggroup/2009/02/02/20090205-proposed-agenda-yvette-wohn-social-news-site-ewhaiancom/

      Erica

      PS - Remember to sign up to attend Ignite! Boston next week! (link also on the blog group post)

    • j Baumgart
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2009
        Hello,

        Since Ignite Boston 5 coincides with this week's meeting, we won't meet so you can attend Ignite without feeling guilty about <joking>standing in a long line of people waiting to get into an overcrowded venue to try to hear some tech talks while we're talking about the latest cool web stuff in a warm room</joking>. Ignite's details: http://ignite.oreilly.com/2009/01/ignite-boston-5.html O'Reilly requires an RSVP.

        BarCamp Boston 4 planning begins Wednesday evening. Interested in helping organize the event? Details: http://www.barcampboston.org/ The camp itself is scheduled for Saturday, April 25, and Sunday, April 26.

        blog group co-organizer: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/bloggroup/
        one of many BarCamp Boston planners

        (One email. Two hats.)

      • j Baumgart
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
          Hello,

          Neither Erica nor I can attend blog group this week, so we're calling off the meeting. Besides, it conflicts with the March Boston Geek Girl Dinner, which some of you might want to attend (
          http://groups.google.com/group/boston-girl-geeks).

          As always, we're open to ideas for speakers and topics for upcoming meetings. Let us know your ideas!