Future of Radio & Digital Music w/ Pandora Founder, Mon., 11/17, 2:30 p, Harvard

  • j Baumgart
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
      Heya Radio and Digital Music Fans,

      The founder of Pandora is speaking at Harvard on Monday, 11/17, at 2:30 p. Details below. Note the RSVP.

      [MONDAY] THE FUTURE OF RADIO AND DIGITAL MUSIC with founder of Pandora.com, Tim Westergren
      11/17/08, 2:30 PM ET, Pound Hall Room 335, Harvard Law School
      RSVP is required (rsvp@...)

      The arc of Pandora as a technology company moving through the dot-com boom, bust, and rebirth has provided a great foundation for discussions of topics ranging from seed investing and early stage growth, to bridge loans, deferred salary and mezzanine financing; from intellectual property questions and competitive positioning to viral marketing and managing a rapidly growing consumer service during an economic crisis. Additionally, Pandora has been engaged in a battle over royalty rates for the past 18 months which lends itself to a whole host of additional discussion topics such as copyright law and grassroots movements (we engaged our listeners in a campaign to save net radio which resulted in millions of calls, faxes and emails to capital hill).

      http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/node/4823

    • j Baumgart
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
        FYI~

        Okay, DevHouse Boston 5 is set for Sunday, December 7th.  I've updated
        the wiki so folks can start signing up and posting ideas for projects.

        http://devboston.pbwiki.com

        --
        Jon Pierce

      • j Baumgart

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
            Heya,

            On Saturday night at 7 pm, LSC offers a free screening of the new animated movie Bolt followed by a talk by one of the animators in 26-100 (that's building 26, room 100) at MIT.

            http://lsc.mit.edu/