Blog group 12/6: Go to events, meet at Smile Thai ~7 p for dinner

  • j Baumgart
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2007
      Hello,

      The most important bit you need to know about
      Thursday's (12/6) meeeting is that we will meet at
      Smile Thai on Eliot Street in Harvard Square around 7
      p for dinner instead of convening at the Berkman
      Center like we normally do.

      We are competing with two exciting events several
      members plan to attend, so we're encouraging the rest
      of you to go to these two events.

      Copyright expert Pam Samuelson lectures on copyright
      reform in the Austin East Classroom of Harvard Law
      School beginning at 5 pm. Info:
      http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/berkmanevents/2007/11/19/december-6-preliminary-thoughts-on-copyright-reform-pam-samuelson-professor-of-law-at-uc-berkeley-berkman-fellow/

      The Social Media Club hosts an open discussion about
      the future of social media from 6:00pm to 9:30pm in
      the Boston Ballroom of the Colonnade Hotel. Sign up on
      their wiki:
      http://socialmediaclub.pbwiki.com/BostonDecember07.
      You'll probably see some familiar names there already.

      Whether or not you go to either of these events, you
      can still join us for dinner.

      Looking ahead: Jesse and Brett suggest going to the
      Brattle Theatre's showing of Willy Wonka and the
      Chocolate Factory in Smell-O-Vision next Thursday
      instead of meeting at Berkman.

      The Berkman Center is closed on Dec. 27, so we won't
      have a formal meeting then.

      Erica and I apologize for the delay in posting the
      agenda and sending a note to the group with news of
      this week's plan. We were waiting for confirmation
      from the Berkman Center about whether they'd need the
      conference room for a reception and if there's enough
      group interest in other events to warrant a change of
      plans for the entire group. We appreciate your
      patience.

      Don't forget: Go to Smile Thai for dinner at 7 p on
      Thursday instead of going to the Berkman Center.

      Cheers!

      http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/bloggroup/

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • j Baumgart
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
        Hello,

        Jesse and Brett proposed an outing for this week.
        Let's go to the Brattle Theatre's showing of Willy
        Wonka and the Chocolate Factory in Smell-O-Vision! The
        film begins at 7:30 p. The box office starts selling
        the few remaining tickets at 6:30 p.

        Jesse already has his ticket. If possible, he'll save
        some seats for blog group folks, so look for him.
        Thanks, Jesse!

        The Brattle Theatre is on Brattle Street in Harvard
        Square near the tea and coffee shop Algiers and the
        restaurant Casablanca.

        We'll probably meet at Berkman next Thursday. We don't
        have a topic or speaker scheduled yet. Do any of you
        have anything you'd like to discuss?

        The Berkman Center is closed on Dec. 27, so we won't
        have a formal meeting then.

        So don't go to Berkman this week. Go next week. Go to
        the Brattle Theatre this week. Then take a night off
        for the winter holidays in 2 weeks. Then return next
        year. Got it?