Re: [berkman-thursday] The Blog Blahs: What causes them, what they're like, how they go away

  • j
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
      Heya,

      Are you sure we shouldn't discuss the end times
      instead, like that spammer suggested? (Yes, I'm
      kidding. It looks like Jay removed it from the group
      archive already. Thanks, Jay!)

      I second (or third?) the proposed blog blahs topic.

      Hugh MacLeod (gapingvoid) discussed why some A listers
      are blogging less a little while ago:
      http://www.gapingvoid.com/Moveable_Type/archives/004076.html.
      I don't think he specifically mentions the blahs, but
      he does give a number of other reasons why people
      aren't blogging as much.

      I suggest that we schedule this session on October 13
      or later.

      --- Lisa Williams wrote:

      > Yes, we need to have a session on it.
      > No, I can't lead it, because I'm proposing it so I
      > can mooch ideas off
      > you guys.
      > (I'm willing to moderate in the usual "of course the
      > moderator knows
      > nothing of the topic at hand, it's tradition!" way).
      > Just in time for National Blog Post Writing Month,
      > concurrent with
      > NaNoWriMo.
      >
      > -- Lisa W.

      http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html
    • Two point five cats
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
        I'm having trouble starting up a blog, so "blog blahs" would be a great
        topic.

        Although "blogging the apocalypse" had a certain appeal, too. :-)

        --Debbie

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 10, 2007
          Hello,

          A few weeks ago, Lisa proposed that we talk about blog
          blahs. That's what we have on the schedule for this
          week's meeting (10/11). Please feel free to share with
          us your story about the blahs and how you overcame
          them or what you're doing about them.

          --- Lisa Williams wrote:

          > Yes, we need to have a session on it. No, I can't
          lead it, because I'm proposing it so I can mooch ideas
          off you guys. (I'm willing to moderate in the usual
          "of course the moderator knows nothing of the topic at
          hand, it's tradition!" way). Just in time for National
          Blog Post Writing Month, concurrent with NaNoWriMo.

          > -- Lisa W.

          Berkman Center for Internet & Society
          7 pm
          2nd floor conference room
          23 Everett Street
          Cambridge, MA
          http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/bloggroup/

          Blahs!

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658
        • j
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 17, 2007
            Hello,

            The fabulous speaker Erica and I were trying to line
            up for Thursday didn’t quite workout. However, if we
            end the meeting promptly at 8 pm, we might be able to
            catch her at Grasshopper in Allston for dessert.

            Instead, Brett can tell us how Pecha Kucha 2 went and
            I can ask questions about corporate blogs and wikis
            for a presentation I'm making Wednesday.

            > Berkman Center for Internet & Society
            > 7 pm
            > 2nd floor conference room
            > 23 Everett Street
            > Cambridge, MA
            > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/bloggroup/

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • j
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2007
              Hello,

              Tonight, Zach Braiker shares some cool technology with
              us. Perhaps it would go well with lemonade.

              Erica, Brett, and I are working on getting some of the
              speakers we've got on deck onto specific dates on the
              calendar.

              We are not meeting on the 22nd because of
              Thanksgiving.

              As always, if you have ideas for speakers, want to
              speak yourself, or want to invite someone to make a
              presentation, please feel free to do so!

              Berkman Center for Internet & Society
              7 pm
              2nd floor conference room
              23 Everett Street
              Cambridge, MA
              http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/bloggroup/

              ===

              David Weinberger hosts a Web of Ideas about copyright
              on Wednesday, 11/14, at 6 or 6:30 p (depending on
              which announcement you read). RSVP required.

              "Web of Ideas with David Weinberger
              Wednesday, November 14, 6:30 PM
              Berkman Center Conference Room
              23 Everett St., 2nd Floor, Cambridge MA

              "Designing Copyright from the Ground Up": Suppose we
              had the chance to start over again with copyright,
              designing it to accommodate the digital era and
              designing it to support the greatest public good. What
              would it look like? How would we manage the clash
              between the need for leeway with the complete and
              precise knowledge of use that networked usage
              provides?

              Web of Ideas is a Wednesday night discussion series
              at the Berkman Center, lead by Berkman Fellow David
              Weinberger, co-author of The Cluetrain Manifesto and
              author of Small Pieces Loosely Joined. Each session
              will begin with a 20 minute discussion-opener,
              followed by open conversation. Food will be provided,
              and meetings will take place at the Berkman Center at
              6pm unless otherwise noted.

              Topic TBD, so keep an eye on our events blog for more
              information:
              http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/berkmanevents/

              RSVP is required, as space is limited. To RSVP, please
              send an email to rsvp@... by
              November 13 at 12:00PM"

              http://mail.yahoo.com