this week: Bob Stepno returns, and a Stylefeeder shindig

  • Erica
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      Hi all,

      This week should be a super fun blog group. First, one of our
      illustrious alumni, Bob Stepno, will make a sadly all-too-brief return
      to blog group made possible by a trip up to Boston. Bob, who is a
      journalism professor, will talk about some combination of blogging,
      journalism, citizen journalism, and how he uses blogging in teaching
      journalism.

      Then, we'll head over to a party in celebration of Stylefeeder at 66
      Church Street (the Top 10 Sources headquarters). Stylefeeder is a
      nifty tool that basically functions as social bookmarking for shopping
      and wishlists, with neat features like a thumbnail-snapping
      bookmarklet and a picture feed you can stick up on your blog. They've
      just joined the Top 10 family of rss-enabled spiffyness. The
      Stylefeeder and Top 10 teams are all very cool people, so it should be
      an excellent time. Plus, they're gonna feed us! :D I'm going to pass
      along the official Evite in a separate email, and feel free to invite
      other folks, too.

      There are some other cool items on the upcoming agenda, though we're
      still working out the dates. And if you've been thinking about
      registering for Wikimania, remember the early bird pricing ends July 9.

      Lastly, this will be our last meeting at the current Berkman offices!
      The Berkman Center will be moving to a new space - still at HLS - late
      next week, and we won't be able to use either the old or the new
      office for blog group. Stay tuned for a special announcement about
      next week's meeting. I'm going to try to find an alternate place at
      HLS for us, since we have an opportunity for a speaker that week who
      is otherwise out of town all summer.

      See you Thursday night!
      Erica

      Group Blog: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/thursdaymeetings/
    • Zachary J. Braiker
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006

        Hey guys,

        I came across an amazing web site that has valuable audio and video content. Lectures from great 20th century figures: James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Bill Clinton, Robert Frost and many others. It’s free, available online and a resource I thought others on this list might enjoy as much as I do.

        http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/audiofiles.html

        Warmest Regards,

        Zachary

        www.quiverandquill.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2006
          Thank you very much..really it's an amazing web site.

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Erica George
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2006
            Hey all,

            Evidently the Evite thing to a group does not work, so here are the details for the Stylefeeder event tonight:

            Stylefeeder Celebration!
            Thursday, July 6
            7pm
            Top Ten Sources office
            66 Church Street, suite 205
            617-876-2743

            The event starts at 7, but we'll be getting there at 8-ish as a group after blog group.

            Erica

          • Beth Kanter
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2006

              http://upcoming.org/event/88581/

              TechSoup is launching it’s virtual office space in Second Life with a “mixed reality event” on July 18th – taking place in Second Life and in SF at a Net Tuesday.   Check it out.