Better Aggregation for the Group

  • j
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1 11:14 AM
      Hello,

      Since I'm disatisfied with the recent changes to the
      Manila aggregator on Harvard's blog server, I've been
      occasionally pondering alternatives to highlight
      content from our group members.

      What do you think about what the Rocky Top Brigade is
      doing to highlight the blogs of their members?

      http://rockytopbrigade.org/

      The Rockty Top Brigade is a group of bloggers in
      Tennessee.

      The site features a list of group members' weblogs and
      aggregated content.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Brian Del Vecchio
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1 1:00 PM
        That's a good example, J. Here's another which is perhaps a little
        more geeky in content, but also looks a little cleaner, I think. It's
        an aggregation of the blogs of members of the Hula calendaring
        project, and it's powered by Planet.

        Planet Hula: http://planet.hula-project.org
        Planet Planet: http://www.planetplanet.com

        --
        Brian Del Vecchio | bdv@... | http://hybernaut.com/
      • Michael Feldman
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 18, 2005
          Howdy gang.

          Is it just me, or are any of the rest of you with blogs on the
          Berkman server having problems reaching your blogs? I can't post or
          even see the Dowbrigade News, or any of my other favorite Berkman blogs.

          Speaking of things we can't see, we loved Amanda's presentation week
          before last, but when we go to the URL

          http://www.searchingforprofit.com/jam.mht

          our browser downloads a file called jam.mht. Neither Acrobat Reader
          not Acrobat Pro seems able to open the file, even when I rename
          it .ppt. What am I doing wrong? Did I copy the address wrong? Is
          this one of the formats Safari can't display? Any tips would be
          appreciated.

          Michael
        • Bill Ives
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 18, 2005
            The link in your email worked fine for me and I brought up Amanda's
            presentation so there must be something wrong on your end. Bill