Blog software comparison online

  • Betsy Devine
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 1, 2004
      http://unblogbar.com/software/

      Last year we talked about doing something like this as a Berkman Group project. Here is a
      German website with an incomplete list of blogwares. On the plus side, the comparison
      includes lots of features.

      Do we have any German-speakers who could translate the header row at least into
      English?

      Betsy
    • Rebecca MacKinnon
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 1, 2004

        Looks a bit like this one in English: http://www.asymptomatic.net/blogbreakdown.htm , which got brought up by Shimon and others at one of the Thursday meetings. It’s linked on the wiki, but I’ll put the German one up too, for fun.

        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 1, 2004
          Hey,

          Thanks for sharing these links! At Saturday's
          presentation about weblogs and feeds with Garrett,
          Josh, Shimon, and Kris, someone asked about charts
          like these comparing different platforms. At the time,
          I couldn't suggest any particular one. I will link to
          these from my blog and my presentation materials.

          At the risk of ruining my reputation, here is a rough
          translation of the headers in the table of the German
          blog software list. My technical German is incredibly
          limited.

          Andere deutschsprachige Leute, sagen Sie mir oder uns
          bitte, ob ich Fehler machen.

          The text at the top gives an overview of the project
          by David and Max of unblogbar.com. They analyzed
          twenty free blog platforms for thirty-five criteria.
          They acknowledge some errors might be in the chart.
          They do not want people to reproduce the data in the
          chart; they prefer people to link to their page
          instead.

          The titles that are linked go to brief explanations
          about what the column is.

          Vergleich = Comparison (If you check several boxes,
          then click the Vergleich button at the bottom, you see
          only the rows you checked.)
          Name = Name
          Demo = Demo
          Version = Version
          Lizenz = License
          Sprachen = Language
          Voraussetzungen = System Requirements
          Kommentar = Comments (I think this is as in comments
          about the system itself, not whether the system
          handles comments.)
          Mehrere Weblogs = Several Weblogs (Does the
          installation allow multiple weblogs?)
          Archiv = Archive
          Trackback = Trackback
          Pingback = Pingback
          Suche = Search
          Name = Name (Name is repeated throughout the chart to
          make scrolling to the right (it's a huge table) and
          reading the table data easier.)
          Syndication Formate (Eintr�ge) = Syndication forms for
          blog entries
          Syndication Formate (Kommentare) = Syndication forms
          for comments
          Kommentare = Comments (I think this column indicates
          whether the blog software allows comments.)
          Link-/Blogroll = Blogroll
          Registrierung = Registration or Indexing (I'm not sure
          which they mean.)
          Unterkategorien = Sub-categories
          mod_rewrite m�glich = mod_rewrite possible (According
          to their explanation, this has to do with an Apache
          module making blog entry URLs friendly.)
          Moderation (Kommentare) = Moderated comments
          Moderation (Eintr�ge) = Moderated entries, like for
          weblogs with multiple authors
          PW gesch�tzte Eintr�ge = Password (?) protected
          entries
          Name = Name
          Mehrere Autoren = Multiple Authors
          Backup-Funktion = Backups
          GZIP-Kompression = Compression
          Highlighting = If someone searches for something, are
          the search terms highlighted on the blog?
          Importfunktion = Is it possible to import data from
          another weblog into the system, like for those people
          switching blog software?
          Statistiken = Statistics
          IP-Ban-Liste = Can you ban certain IP addresses, like
          those of comment spammers?
          Template-Editor = has something to do with whether you
          can edit the templates locally or on the server
          Feste Pings = automatic pings with a new entry
          Umfragen = Surveys/Polls
          Name = Name
          Smilies = Emoticons, Smiley Faces (?)
          eMail Benachrichtigung = E-mail notification when
          there's a new entry
          Bilder-Upload = Upload Images
          PDF-Ausgabe = PDF Version/Display
          Plugins = Plug-ins
          Valid (X)HTML = Valid (X)HTML
          WYSIWYG-Editor = WYSIWYG Editor
          Kalender = Calendar
          Shoutbox o.�. = Contact Box or Similar Features
          Letzte Aktualisierung = Last Update

          Since I will probably point to the lists, this long
          English translation might appear on j's scratchpad
          later tonight.

          --- Betsy Devine <spammy@...> wrote:

          > http://unblogbar.com/software/
          >
          > Last year we talked about doing something like this
          > as a Berkman Group project. Here is a
          > German website with an incomplete list of blogwares.
          > On the plus side, the comparison
          > includes lots of features.
          >
          > Do we have any German-speakers who could translate
          > the header row at least into
          > English?
          >
          > Betsy

          Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
          www.yahoo.com
        • Betsy Devine
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 2, 2004
            --- In berkman-thursday@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Baumgart <jkbaumga@y...> wrote:

            > At the risk of ruining my reputation, here is a rough
            > translation of the headers in the table of the German
            > blog software list.

            Danke schoen, Rebecca!
          • Jessica Baumgart
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 3, 2004
              Hello,

              Lisa loaned me a microphone to bring to tomorrow
              night's meeting so that we can try recording what is
              sure to be a fabulous talk about blogs and knowledge
              management.

              I can't remember who said s/he could bring a device to
              record a digital file and I didn't write it down in
              the notes. Could whoever is bringing such a gadget
              confirm that s/he will bring it, please?

              Gracias!

              Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
              www.yahoo.com
            • Rick Heller
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                Is there any way to create "virtual blogs" using
                categories in Movable Type. I explored it over the
                weekend, but it seems to me that there is no way to do
                it, at least with MT 2.661.

                My idea is to have my main blog, Centerfield, have
                virtual blogs which might look like Centerfield, but
                only contain posts of a specific category. The
                problem is that the MT category template only creates
                a single page for each category, and this could be
                very long. Ideally, you could view the date archives,
                but filter by category. I can't figure out how to do
                this.

                I was also hoping that these different category blogs
                could look different--even having different blogrolls.
                Thus, a post related to the Democratic Party would be
                on the virtual Democrat blog, with its own blogroll,
                and a post related to republicans on the GOP virtual
                blog, yet both posts would appear on the main
                Centerfield blog.

                I would also like these virtual blogs to have URL's
                which could be shared, so that other blogs could
                blogroll the virtual blog.

                Can Frassle do this?

                Rick Heller
              • shimon@rura.org
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                  On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:37:07AM -0800, Rick Heller wrote:
                  > Is there any way to create "virtual blogs" using
                  > categories in Movable Type. I explored it over the
                  > weekend, but it seems to me that there is no way to do
                  > it, at least with MT 2.661.

                  <snip>

                  > Can Frassle do this?
                  >
                  > Rick Heller

                  Rick,

                  I smiled when I read this last line. It was just beyond the first screen of
                  my email reader. I had read most of your message, and was thinking what an
                  interesting feature request it was. The kind that sets off a light
                  somewhere and offers a tiny bit of guidance in the black forest of software
                  design.

                  But to answer your question: frassle does not do this, and I'm not aware of
                  any content management system with a truly elegant solution to this
                  problem. I started sketching one, though.

                  Thanks, Rick!!

                  shimon.

                  p.s. are you looking for an open source project to contribute to? You can
                  help frassle by using it and offering suggestions, or by hacking code. If
                  anyone is interested in joining the project, please contact me.
                • Steve Garfield
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                    On Nov 8, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Rick Heller wrote:

                    > My idea is to have my main blog, Centerfield, have
                    > virtual blogs which might look like Centerfield, but
                    > only contain posts of a specific category.
                    >
                    > I would also like these virtual blogs to have URL's
                    > which could be shared, so that other blogs could
                    > blogroll the virtual blog.

                    Eric Rice is doing it with his blog:

                    http://ericrice.com

                    His blog:
                    http://eric.blognews.com/

                    --------- [ Web Sites ] ---------
                    Steve Garfield Video Production
                    http://stevegarfield.com

                    Video Blog
                    http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/

                    Weblog: Off On A Tangent
                    http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/
                  • Rick Heller
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                      Steve,

                      I don't see it. I see categories, but I don't see a
                      date archive. In fact, I don't see any way to get to
                      the old posts from the main page.

                      Rick

                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                        Over on the left he has categories.

                        If you click on one of them, you go to a new URL that only has posts
                        from that category.

                        Example - for audio, you go to:

                        http://eric.blognews.com/blog/RadioAudio

                        On Nov 8, 2004, at 12:23 PM, Rick Heller wrote:

                        > Steve,
                        >
                        > I don't see it. I see categories, but I don't see a
                        > date archive. In fact, I don't see any way to get to
                        > the old posts from the main page.
                        >
                        > Rick
                        >

                        > --- Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
                        >

                        >> On Nov 8, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Rick Heller wrote:
                        >>>

                        >>> My idea is to have my main blog, Centerfield, have
                        >>> virtual blogs which might look like Centerfield,
                        >> but
                        >>> only contain posts of a specific category.
                        >>>
                        >>> I would also like these virtual blogs to have
                        >> URL's
                        >>> which could be shared, so that other blogs could
                        >>> blogroll the virtual blog.
                        >>>

                        >> Eric Rice is doing it with his blog:
                        >>
                        >> http://ericrice.com
                        >>
                        >> His blog:
                        >> http://eric.blognews.com/
                        >>
                        >> --------- [ Web Sites ] ---------
                        >> Steve Garfield Video Production
                        >> http://stevegarfield.com
                        >>
                        >> Video Blog
                        >> http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/
                        >>
                        >> Weblog: Off On A Tangent
                        >> http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/
                        >>

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        --------- [ Web Sites ] ---------
                        Steve Garfield Video Production
                        http://stevegarfield.com

                        Video Blog
                        http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/

                        Weblog: Off On A Tangent
                        http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/
                      • Pito Salas
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                          Dear Berkman-thursday List:

                          Is there anyone on this list who can help me with or point me to someone who could help me with MT. I am running my blog (www.salas.com) on an MT server run by someone else, who set it up for me. I've turned off comments in new postings, but they are still there  in old ones. As a result I continue to get more and more comment spam. All I want to do is to turn off comments, delete all the existing comments, and remove all the 'add comment' links on even the old stuff. Should be doable but I've using an MT add-in and it didn't work. Frankly I don't know perl and I am nervous that I will corrupt something if I keep on trialing and errorinng.

                          Thanks for any help at all!

                          Pito (Salas)
                        • Rick Heller
                          Message 12 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                            I recently deleted more than 40,000 spam comments from
                            the centerfield blog using mt-blacklist.

                            I found, however, that spammers were hitting the same
                            posts with new posts that mt-blacklist was not
                            catching.

                            The solution is to close comments on the old posts
                            they know about (but leave them open on new posts)

                            To do this, you can close comments by hand, but it's
                            easier to install mt-close, which is available from a
                            separate web site you can google to find.

                            Since I've used both mt-close and mt-blacklist, I've
                            been spam-free!

                            Rick

                            --- Pito Salas <rps@...> wrote:

                            > Dear Berkman-thursday List:
                            >
                            > Is there anyone on this list who can help me with or
                            > point me to someone who
                            > could help me with MT. I am running my blog
                            > (www.salas.com) on an MT server
                            > run by someone else, who set it up for me. I've
                            > turned off comments in new
                            > postings, but they are still there in old ones. As
                            > a result I continue to
                            > get more and more comment spam. All I want to do is
                            > to turn off comments,
                            > delete all the existing comments, and remove all the
                            > 'add comment' links on
                            > even the old stuff. Should be doable but I've using
                            > an MT add-in and it
                            > didn't work. Frankly I don't know perl and I am
                            > nervous that I will corrupt
                            > something if I keep on trialing and errorinng.
                            >
                            > Thanks for any help at all!
                            >
                            > Pito (Salas)

                          • Steve Garfield
                            Message 13 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                              On Nov 8, 2004, at 4:58 PM, Rick Heller wrote:

                              > To do this, you can close comments by hand, but it's
                              > easier to install mt-close, which is available from a
                              > separate web site you can google to find.

                              Looks like this is where a new version is:

                              http://thedeadone.net/sw/000480.shtml

                              --------- [ Web Sites ] ---------
                              Steve Garfield Video Production
                              http://stevegarfield.com

                              Video Blog
                              http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/

                              Weblog: Off On A Tangent
                              http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/
                            • elalpei
                              Message 14 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                                One of the features of my blog which was developed by the guys in
                                PEI at silverorange is that the categories have their own page and a
                                separate RSS feed.

                                See the category page for posts on my blog about my town of Kingston
                                Ontario: http://www.genx40.com/archives/kingstonand/

                                Presumably you could create a multi-author virtual blog as you call
                                it by use of standard categorization and then feed the virtual blog
                                as a public aggregator from the RSS feeds of each blog's
                                corresponding category. This creates an automated topical blog on
                                each category drawing from all subscribed sources. Each topical
                                aggregator blog could look different and have its own blog roll and
                                topical articles system.

                                Then, create a comprehensive set of category-based topical
                                aggregator blogs subscribing to RSS feeds according to a practical
                                taxonomy of categories and you have created a universal automated
                                blog.

                                Alan
                                www.genx40.com
                                beerblog.genx40.com

                                --- In berkman-thursday@yahoogroups.com, Rick Heller <neurosf@y...>
                                wrote:
                                > Is there any way to create "virtual blogs" using
                                > categories in Movable Type. I explored it over the
                                > weekend, but it seems to me that there is no way to do
                                > it, at least with MT 2.661.
                                >
                                > My idea is to have my main blog, Centerfield, have
                                > virtual blogs which might look like Centerfield, but
                                > only contain posts of a specific category. The
                                > problem is that the MT category template only creates
                                > a single page for each category, and this could be
                                > very long. Ideally, you could view the date archives,
                                > but filter by category. I can't figure out how to do
                                > this.
                                >
                                > I was also hoping that these different category blogs
                                > could look different--even having different blogrolls.
                                > Thus, a post related to the Democratic Party would be
                                > on the virtual Democrat blog, with its own blogroll,
                                > and a post related to republicans on the GOP virtual
                                > blog, yet both posts would appear on the main
                                > Centerfield blog.
                                >
                                > I would also like these virtual blogs to have URL's
                                > which could be shared, so that other blogs could
                                > blogroll the virtual blog.
                                >
                                > Can Frassle do this?
                                >
                                > Rick Heller
                              • Pito Salas
                                Message 15 of 27 , Nov 8, 2004
                                  Thanks. Looks like it worked!

                                  - Pito

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Nov 9, 2004
                                    Now, I realize Shimon probably knows Frassle better
                                    than anyone, but I cringed when I read his reply
                                    saying Frassle can't do what Rick wants to do. I don't
                                    think the answer is a simple "No."

                                    Frassle does have features enabling users to build
                                    pages similar to what Rick's looking for.

                                    Just to prove Shimon wrong (I mean that in a teasing
                                    way), I built one myself using Frassle's Publisher:
                                    http://frassle.net/jkbaumga/rick.

                                    There's a very short blogroll on the right. On the
                                    left are posts from various sources limited by
                                    category, including one section of posts from similar
                                    categories on different blogs (Frassle).

                                    Users currently cannot change the color or the
                                    appearance of this page, so it wouldn't be possible to
                                    make the site look exactly like other pages on
                                    Centerfield.

                                    Another way Rick could use Frassle to do this is to
                                    set up such pages using the Publisher, then take the
                                    feeds from various blocks and place them on other
                                    sites that look like Centerfield. That's a bit more
                                    complicated, but the pages would have the look of
                                    Centerfield and be on the same server.

                                    Still another way is to run the feeds through Frassle
                                    to get a bit of Javascript that converts RSS to HTML
                                    to place on a site. That would work for the blog
                                    posts, but it wouldn't help with the blogroll.

                                    Of course, maybe I am missing something entirely and
                                    it isn't possible to do any of this with Frassle.

                                    Perhaps a future version of Frassle will be able to do
                                    what Rick would like to do much better.

                                    --- shimon@... wrote:

                                    > On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:37:07AM -0800, Rick
                                    > Heller wrote:
                                    > > Is there any way to create "virtual blogs" using
                                    > > categories in Movable Type. I explored it over
                                    > the
                                    > > weekend, but it seems to me that there is no way
                                    > to do
                                    > > it, at least with MT 2.661.
                                    >
                                    > <snip>
                                    >
                                    > > Can Frassle do this?
                                    > >
                                    > > Rick Heller
                                    >
                                    > Rick,
                                    >
                                    > I smiled when I read this last line. It was just
                                    > beyond the first screen of
                                    > my email reader. I had read most of your message,
                                    > and was thinking what an
                                    > interesting feature request it was. The kind that
                                    > sets off a light
                                    > somewhere and offers a tiny bit of guidance in the
                                    > black forest of software
                                    > design.
                                    >
                                    > But to answer your question: frassle does not do
                                    > this, and I'm not aware of
                                    > any content management system with a truly elegant
                                    > solution to this
                                    > problem. I started sketching one, though.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks, Rick!!
                                    >
                                    > shimon.

                                    Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
                                    www.yahoo.com
                                  • mfidelman
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Nov 10, 2004
                                      I'm pretty sure that Drupal can do this.

                                      --- In berkman-thursday@yahoogroups.com, Rick Heller <neurosf@y...> wrote:
                                      > Is there any way to create "virtual blogs" using
                                      > categories in Movable Type. I explored it over the
                                      > weekend, but it seems to me that there is no way to do
                                      > it, at least with MT 2.661.
                                      >
                                      > My idea is to have my main blog, Centerfield, have
                                      > virtual blogs which might look like Centerfield, but
                                      > only contain posts of a specific category. The
                                      > problem is that the MT category template only creates
                                      > a single page for each category, and this could be
                                      > very long. Ideally, you could view the date archives,
                                      > but filter by category. I can't figure out how to do
                                      > this.
                                      >
                                      > I was also hoping that these different category blogs
                                      > could look different--even having different blogrolls.
                                      > Thus, a post related to the Democratic Party would be
                                      > on the virtual Democrat blog, with its own blogroll,
                                      > and a post related to republicans on the GOP virtual
                                      > blog, yet both posts would appear on the main
                                      > Centerfield blog.
                                      >
                                      > I would also like these virtual blogs to have URL's
                                      > which could be shared, so that other blogs could
                                      > blogroll the virtual blog.
                                      >
                                      > Can Frassle do this?
                                      >
                                      > Rick Heller
                                    • Rick Heller
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Nov 10, 2004
                                        Thanks for taking a look at this.

                                        Any plans for dinner tomorrow in lieu of a meeting?

                                        Rick

                                      • Jessica Baumgart
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Nov 10, 2004
                                          Hello,

                                          There will be no blog group meeting at the Berkman
                                          Center tomorrow (11/11) evening because of the
                                          Veterans Day holiday.

                                          If people want to gather somewhere for dinner, that
                                          would be cool. If someone comes up with a plan, I can
                                          post it to the blog if I'm near a computer. Posting
                                          comments on that blog could work, too.

                                          I am not exactly sure what my plans will be, but if I
                                          can be at dinner, I certainly will be there.

                                          I realize it's easy for a lot of people to get to
                                          Harvard Square, but what about meeting at another
                                          square for a change? Perhaps Central, Porter, or Davis
                                          or ... ?

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Nov 10, 2004
                                            Hello,

                                            Quite a few group members have nudged me recently
                                            about doing dim sum again, so let's gather at 11 am
                                            this Sunday, 11/14, at Chau Chow City, 83 Essex
                                            Street, in Chinatown. Friends, Romans, countrymen,
                                            significant others, and family members are welcome,
                                            too.

                                            More details are on the Thursday Meetings at Berkman
                                            Blog, like how to get to Chau Chow City:
                                            http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/thursdaymeetings/2004/11/10#a203.

                                            It would be greatly appreciated if you could let us
                                            know if you will be joining us so we can get a table
                                            big enough.

                                            We're usually there for a while, so if you can't make
                                            it right at 11 am, it's okay to join us a little bit
                                            later.

                                            Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
                                            www.yahoo.com
                                          • Jack Hodgson
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Nov 11, 2004
                                              wrote:
                                              > There will be no blog group meeting at the Berkman
                                              > Center tomorrow...\
                                              > If people want to gather somewhere for dinner,

                                              Dinner would be good. How about Cambridge Commons, or maybe that Thai place we
                                              at at recently?

                                              -- Jack Hodgson
                                            • jain@wso.williams.edu
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Nov 11, 2004
                                                I would also like to get together for dinner. Can we handle the grease
                                                of Pizzaria Uno? Or, it would be nice to try some place in Davis or
                                                somewhere else further afield.

                                                Josh

                                                --
                                                Serbia deploys peacekeeping forces to U.S.
                                                -The Onion
                                                On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 01:03:44PM -0000, Jack Hodgson wrote:

                                                > --- In berkman-thursday@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Baumgart <jkbaumga@y...>
                                                > wrote:
                                                > > There will be no blog group meeting at the Berkman
                                                > > Center tomorrow...\
                                                > > If people want to gather somewhere for dinner,
                                                >
                                                > Dinner would be good. How about Cambridge Commons, or maybe that Thai place we
                                                > at at recently?
                                                >
                                                > -- Jack Hodgson
                                                >

                                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                              • Bill Ives
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Nov 11, 2004
                                                  I will not be able to attend dinner this week and plan to be back next week.
                                                  Bill

                                                  I would also like to get together for dinner. Can we handle the grease of
                                                  Pizzaria Uno? Or, it would be nice to try some place in Davis or somewhere
                                                  else further afield.

                                                  Josh

                                                  --
                                                  Serbia deploys peacekeeping forces to U.S.
                                                  -The Onion
                                                  On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 01:03:44PM -0000, Jack Hodgson wrote:

                                                  > --- In berkman-thursday@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Baumgart
                                                  > <jkbaumga@y...>
                                                  > wrote:
                                                  > > There will be no blog group meeting at the Berkman Center
                                                  > > tomorrow...\ If people want to gather somewhere for dinner,
                                                  >
                                                  > Dinner would be good. How about Cambridge Commons, or maybe that Thai
                                                  > place we at at recently?
                                                  >
                                                  > -- Jack Hodgson
                                                  >

                                                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/V2holB/TM
                                                • Jack Hodgson
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Nov 11, 2004
                                                    Hi. FYI, FWIW, since we apparently haven't yet reached a consensus for tonight, I've
                                                    made some other plans. Hope to see everyone next week.

                                                    -- Jack Hodgson
                                                  • Jessica Baumgart
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Nov 11, 2004
                                                      I have Pizzeria Uno coupons I can donate to a good
                                                      cause. For a change of scenery, how about the one
                                                      across from the Porter Square T station along
                                                      Somerville Avenue?

                                                      I'm still not completely sure I can be at dinner,
                                                      though. I may not know until 7-ish.

                                                      If people do actually decide to do dinner, can someone
                                                      make sure details make it to the Thursday Meetings
                                                      blog? A comment on the post for tonight's meeting will
                                                      be sufficient.

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Nov 13, 2004
                                                        Hello,

                                                        I'm not going to let a little bit of snow keep me away
                                                        from hot tea and dim sum. Perhaps I'll wear my lobster
                                                        hat, since it keeps me quite warm.

                                                        Join me at 11 am this Sunday, 11/14, at Chau Chow
                                                        City, 83 Essex Street, in Chinatown. Friends, Romans,
                                                        countrymen, significant others, and family members are
                                                        welcome, too.

                                                        More details are on the Thursday Meetings at Berkman
                                                        Blog, like how to get to Chau Chow City:
                                                        http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/thursdaymeetings/2004/11/10#a203.

                                                        I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me
                                                        know if you will be joining me so I can get a table
                                                        big enough. I've had three RSVPs so far.

                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Nov 13, 2004
                                                          I think I'll be there. Unless I stay out too late
                                                          tonight :D
                                                          Erica