Woolley Lagoon

  • Nick Hajdukovich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2012
      Hey all, this evening (25 June) around 5PM we had a single male WHITE WAGTAIL at Woolley Lagoon (about 39 miles out the Teller Road in Nome) about 50m before you get to the main row of houses at the lagoon. It flew over the road, landed ~30m north of the road and foraged there for a while before flying parallel to the road about 100 m. We did not follow it but it was likely staying in the same area. There were also two BARN SWALLOWS, a male and a female of the American race, flying around near the houses with ~5 BANK SWALLOWS, 1 CLIFF SWALLOW, and 1 TREE SWALLOW.

      Shorebird broods are popping up everywhere but other then that, we have not seen anything notable.

      Nick