Re: [bennettzone] James Warren Bennett

  • Wm. Jay Mumaw
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2009
      Thank you so much for the info, alot of the time its easier to eliminate someone from the line than it is to authenticate, if you know what I mean.....thanks again, Jay Mumaw, 5th gg son of William Bennett

      Wm. Jay Mumaw
      2712 Charwood Place
      Sanford, NC 27330

      803-389-4582

      From: SLJ <lovethatgarden@ yahoo.com>
      To: bennettzone@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 10:40 AM

      Sherry is just as confused as you are Sharon.    Trust me.

      My new email is either this one or sherry (ATT) keystonecrossroads. com.  I have some Bennett pictures up on my website at keystonecrossroads. com if you want to take a look.

      I've been digging around on Bennett a little bit, and it just seems as though James Bennett, Sr was dropped out of the sky.   I am really intrigued by the Moses Bennett that lives just a few houses away from him on the 1850 census of Allegheny Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA, but there is no proof that they even know each other.  I'll keep digging....

      Happy New Year!

      Sherry Jesberger

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
        Another wild stab in the dark, maybe, but I'm the eternal optimist after about twenty years of trying to find MY William Bennett.

        My grandfather, Henry Harrison Bennett, b. 1844 in Hancock County, Va. (now West Virginia) and died in 1922 in Chambers County, Alabama. (There is also a note in the file that it could have been Hancock Co., Georgia, but neither has panned out!) His death certificate shows father as William Bennett. I know there were a lot of Bennetts in the West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania area who may or may not all be related, but hit the proverbial stone wall some fifteen or more ago (after all my relatives passed away) and have not been able to crack it. If anyone knows of any ties to this line, I would appreciate any clues whatsoever -- The above is all that I know for sure but somewhere out there must be a clue to link my line!

        Don Williams,
        Jacksonville, FL

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010

          I'm not sure if I've talked to you Don, I think I may have a year or two ago. I don't know about your Bennett line but I do know this. The only site I use for the Hancock Co, WV area is the Genealogy Pit Stop... http://www.genealogypitstop.com/ ....lots of information there on the tristate area. I also used to have a lot of people get my 5th ggrandfather William mixed up with a William Bennett that lived in Pittsylvania, VA. His name was William Kerr Bennett I believe. I know I've gotten to the point of elimination now. I have to narrow it down, there's a crowd of Bennett's out there. Good hunting and I wish you luck......Jay Mumaw

          Wm. Jay Mumaw
          2712 Charwood Place
          Sanford, NC 27330

          803-389-4582

          Sharon Gavin, are you still on this list?

          I am a descendent of James and Catherine (Edwards) Bennett of Horton Twp., Elk Co., PA. I keep finding James (born circa 1806) listed as one of the children of James and Lola (Pritchard) Bennett and I have serious doubts about this lineage.

          Can someone tell me what documentation there is to support this lineage?

        • Kim Updegraff
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
            Hope you find your William!! It does get a little overwhelming.