James Warren Bennett

  • lovethatgarden
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
      Sharon Gavin, are you still on this list?

      I am a descendent of James and Catherine (Edwards) Bennett of Horton Twp., Elk Co., PA. I keep finding James (born circa 1806) listed as one of the children of James and Lola (Pritchard) Bennett and I have serious doubts about this lineage.

      Can someone tell me what documentation there is to support this lineage?
    • sharon gavin
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 29, 2009
        I'm still here.

        Sherry Jessberger is the main researcher and expert on this line. I don't know for sure if Sherry has ever made that connection. I've not asked her as yet. And, yes, you are right. To the best of my knowledge, James Bennett and Lola Pritchard as the parents of James Warren Bennett Senior is purely speculative at this point. I've asked of documentation of other researchers and never got a reply. Sherry would hopefully be your best shot at a difinitive answer.

        Here is one of her old email addresses: gljslj@... Hopefully this email is still good. Please let me know what you find out. It would be nice to either officially add James and Lola and once and for all remove their names as a possibility.

        Nice hearing from another cousin.

        Kindest regards,

        Sharon

        ________________________________
        Sharon Gavin, are you still on this list?

        I am a descendent of James and Catherine (Edwards) Bennett of Horton Twp., Elk Co., PA. I keep finding James (born circa 1806) listed as one of the children of James and Lola (Pritchard) Bennett and I have serious doubts about this lineage.

        Can someone tell me what documentation there is to support this lineage?

      • SLJ
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
          Sherry is just as confused as you are Sharon.    Trust me.

          My new email is either this one or sherry (ATT) keystonecrossroads.com.  I have some Bennett pictures up on my website at keystonecrossroads.com if you want to take a look.

          I've been digging around on Bennett a little bit, and it just seems as though James Bennett, Sr was dropped out of the sky.   I am really intrigued by the Moses Bennett that lives just a few houses away from him on the 1850 census of Allegheny Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA, but there is no proof that they even know each other.  I'll keep digging....

          Happy New Year!

          Sherry Jesberger

          Here is one of her old email addresses: gljslj@penn. com Hopefully this email is still good. Please let me know what you find out. It would be nice to either officially add James and Lola and once and for all remove their names as a possibility.

          ____________ _________ _________ __
          Sharon Gavin, are you still on this list?

          I am a descendent of James and Catherine (Edwards) Bennett of Horton Twp., Elk Co., PA. I keep finding James (born circa 1806) listed as one of the children of James and Lola (Pritchard) Bennett and I have serious doubts about this lineage.

          Can someone tell me what documentation there is to support this lineage?

        • Kim Updegraff
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 31, 2009
            Hi fellow Bennett!
            Very coincidentaly, my father was Harold Bennet, and we lived in Allegheny Township in Westmoreland County.
            BUT my father was born on June 13, 1930 in New Kensington, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania. About 5 miles away.

            Our line comes from James Bennett born May 13, 1812 in Stapenhill, Derbyshire, England.

            He married Jane Milnor Stevenson.

            His son Charles J was my great great grand father He born 7/11/1853 died 9/23/1910.
            Married Rachael (Rickie) Maul born 5/22/186. died 4/10/1939

            His son, Harold Bennett born 9/20/1898 died Nov 4 1958
            his wife was Bertha E (Bahr) Bennett born may 20 1904 died Oct 31, 1972.

            Their son was my dad who died in 1999.

            I think you may come from another Bennett line who were not potters.

            Sharon Gavin, are you still on this list?

            I am a descendent of James and Catherine (Edwards) Bennett of Horton Twp., Elk Co., PA. I keep finding James (born circa 1806) listed as one of the children of James and Lola (Pritchard) Bennett and I have serious doubts about this lineage.

            Can someone tell me what documentation there is to support this lineage?

          • Wm. Jay Mumaw
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 31, 2009
              Thank you so much for the info, alot of the time its easier to eliminate someone from the line than it is to authenticate, if you know what I mean.....thanks again, Jay Mumaw, 5th gg son of William Bennett

              Wm. Jay Mumaw
              2712 Charwood Place
              Sanford, NC 27330

              803-389-4582

            • Rdwjax@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
                Another wild stab in the dark, maybe, but I'm the eternal optimist after about twenty years of trying to find MY William Bennett.

                My grandfather, Henry Harrison Bennett, b. 1844 in Hancock County, Va. (now West Virginia) and died in 1922 in Chambers County, Alabama. (There is also a note in the file that it could have been Hancock Co., Georgia, but neither has panned out!) His death certificate shows father as William Bennett. I know there were a lot of Bennetts in the West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania area who may or may not all be related, but hit the proverbial stone wall some fifteen or more ago (after all my relatives passed away) and have not been able to crack it. If anyone knows of any ties to this line, I would appreciate any clues whatsoever -- The above is all that I know for sure but somewhere out there must be a clue to link my line!

                Don Williams,
                Jacksonville, FL

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010

                  I'm not sure if I've talked to you Don, I think I may have a year or two ago. I don't know about your Bennett line but I do know this. The only site I use for the Hancock Co, WV area is the Genealogy Pit Stop... http://www.genealogypitstop.com/ ....lots of information there on the tristate area. I also used to have a lot of people get my 5th ggrandfather William mixed up with a William Bennett that lived in Pittsylvania, VA. His name was William Kerr Bennett I believe. I know I've gotten to the point of elimination now. I have to narrow it down, there's a crowd of Bennett's out there. Good hunting and I wish you luck......Jay Mumaw

                  Wm. Jay Mumaw
                  2712 Charwood Place
                  Sanford, NC 27330

                  803-389-4582

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
                    Hope you find your William!! It does get a little overwhelming.