Bennetts

  • makmydaytoday
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2009
      Hi Diana here new to the group--any info on Bennetts from NY,PA, New
      England area my maiden name is Bennett--Thanks Diana
    • jayy704
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2009
        Hi Diana, my name is Wm Jay Mumaw, and I've traced my Virginia/West Virginia Bennett roots back to Argyle, Washington Co, Ny and also Rhode Island. My ggggg Grandfather William Bennett was born in Rhode Island abt 1845 and moved to Argyle, NY before the Revolutionary war. After the war he stayed in NY until sometime early 1800's. We found where he bought land in Ohio Co, Virginia in 1808. Some of his family are still there and some moved away up toward Hancock Co, WV, in the 1890's due to the Pottery industry boom of that time.

        If you'd like you can email me direct at jayy704@...

        Sincerely, Jay Mumaw son of Shirley Bennett Mumaw
        grandson of Robert
        ggrandson of Joseph
        gggrandson of David
        ggggrandson of Zachariah