Looking for some Bennett info.

  • chastay96
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2009
      My name is Charles Taylor, and I am a new member of this group. I am a descendent of John Prevatte Taylor, the Elder and Hughanna Irene"Hannah" Carr. Some of their children married into the Solomon Bennett family, i.e. Elizabeth Taylor married Solomon, possibly a brother of Hardy Bennett. At least, Hardy Bennett is listed with Solomon in at least one census. I forget which. Anyway, today I am working on the children of Oliver Perry Bennett and Huanna Carr Taylor, specifically, William M. Bennett, 1841, Oliver Perry Bennett, Jr 1842, and John S. Bennett, 1843. I can't find who they married or whether they had any children. They are all extremely close in age and are of prime Civil War participant age. Any info on that. They could have all been in the same unit and been killed. If I can reciprocate and share any information with anyone, just let me know. I have been offline for quite some time.

      Charles
    • Portia Solomon
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2009
        Charles,

        Oliver P. Bennett born about 1842 was killed in the Civil War on July 25, 1861. He is buried (or there was a marker placed in memory of him) at Ratliff-Bennett Cemetery. You will find a photo of the marker at findagrave:

        http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GScid=2232791&GRid=23010598

        William M. died in the Civil War on July 27, 1861 according to the marker at Ratliff-Bennett Cemetery; July 31 according to other records. A photo of his marker:

        http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GScid=2232791&GRid=21707634

        I have not been able to locate John S.

        Would love to share info. I am a descendant of Hardy Bennett. My email address: portia423@...