Alice Bennett

  • lenkelly7
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2007
      My great grandfather, Frederick William Kelly, married an Alice
      Bennett in 1854. The Marriage Certificate shows that her father was
      Benjamin Lucas Bennett, a cook, and that she was of 'full age'. She is
      listed in the 1841 census aged 7, living with her father, her mother
      (Sarah)and her siblings, Sarah (15), Mary (13), Elizabeth (5) and
      William (1). At that time the family lived at Barratt's Court,
      Ossulstone Street, Marylebone. I cannot find any mention of this Alice
      Bennett in the 1851 census, but she appears in the 1861 census as
      Alice Kelly, aqed 26 and in 1871 aged 37.