Re: [bennettzone] 3 different lines of Bennett's

  • bob bennet
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
      Not sure if it's the same Jose but I had a Great anut Josephine who was a Bennett prior to her marraige she lived in the Daytona , Fl area

      Dawn Morningstar Trent <nacomah@...> wrote:Hello all,it has been a terribly long time since I posted here and
      though I am still searching some of my families families ,perhaps
      some of these names will be a connection and you are welcome to
      contact me.
      I also have a page or two with family photos that may be of use to
      someone.
      http://hometown.aol.com/nacomah/myhomepage/index.html

      and http://hometown.aol.com/equayonaageya/Family.html

      At the moment looking for siblings to my granny Edna Georgia Bennett
      of NC who md Everett Pete Trent of WV.
      they were Estelle,Ginger,Peggy and have Tom's info.
      Were from the Carter co Tn and Yancey /Nc areas.

      Ok as for a few of their folks {which I have an extensive lineage
      back to Wivelscomb Eng. of this family that
      includes ,Harrison's,Bland,s and many more as well as those conected
      to the first Gov.of Va .Richard Bennett.
      ok my grrny; Edna Georgia Bennett b 8-17-1910 NC d 4-22-1949
      Riverdale,MD {Washington cemetary.
      sp-Everett Pete Trent 1901 Beckley,Wv d 4-14-1972 Miami Fla.
      D/O Zeb Thomas Bennett 1886 NC 2-2-1960 Carter,Tn
      sp-Mollie Etta Laws 1-25-1886 d 6-1963 Tn
      S/O Alford {sometimes listed as Alfred} Wm.Bennett 1855 Yancey NC
      d-12-27-1936 Fork Mtn,Avery NC
      sp-Hannah Elizabeth Deyton 5-10-1860 Chrokee Nc,d-10-17-
      1932 Avery NC.
      S/O Uriah Baxter Bennett 5-18-1835 Nc d 6-12-1920
      Bradshaw,Relief NC
      sp- Dicey Clarrissa Briggs {not the one md to Mr.Silver}
      b 2-10-1828 Bakersville,Nc d-11-24-1911 Nc
      S/O John Bennett 1809 Bakersville,NC d ?
      sp Sarah{Sallie}Tipton{Typton} abt 1806
      D/O Wiley Tipton Sr and Kiziah Robertson-Sevier

      This is as far as am writeing this line for now.
      As am also searching Bennett's in Upper Wv connected to Dorsey and
      Trent lines.

      And am searching my brothers wives mother in law's families of
      Floyd Flavil Bennett {Nj,Mass; area's} connected to the Collin's,and
      Strubel line's.
      Hope something helps someone here.
      Dawn {Morningstar{Trent
      Jacksonville,Fla.

      American family home insurance American family home insurance company Lineage American family home owner insurance Single family home for sale Family home finance

      ---------------------------------

    • bob bennet
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
        any idea what part of the country your Bennet line comes from.if it's south Ga your more than likley in the Huxtable records in south Ga as Huxtable was connected to the Bennet's himself. most of the south Ga Bennett's come from the Va Bennett's by way of North and South Carolina and include a Captian in Marion's unit of the Continal Line.I'm also in Jax on the northside.
        Bob Bennett

        Rdwjax@... wrote:

        Dawn (Morningstar) Trent:

        I'm interested in more information on your Bennett line. Do you know if
        your Alford William Bennett b. in 1835 had a brother Henry Harrison Bennett? My
        HHB was b. 1844 and died in 1922.

        Interesting to note, too, that you live in Jacksonville, FL also! I've been
        researching the Bennett line for almost twenty years but am getting nowhere
        fast!!

        Don Williams
        Jacksonville, FL

        American family home insurance American family home insurance company Lineage American family home owner insurance Single family home for sale Family home finance

        ---------------------------------

      • Fay Hudson
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 29, 2006
          In trying to connect a Bennett family line, it has become difficult.
          However, your lineage is the closest to mine. David and Susan
          Bennett from Upstate New York in and around Rome had William Harrison
          Bennett, Daniel Bennett, and many other sons and daughters Some of
          the Bennetts moved to Michigan, then Wisconsin and on to Minnesota
          where my great grandfather Daniel Ullum Bennett lived. He had one
          daughter Jessie Mae Bennett, then died from consumption. Then my
          great grandmother Mary Elizabeth Mott married his brother Levander
          Bennett and gave birth to Lee Mott Bennett, Grace Bennett, and Earl
          Bennett. Do any of these names belong to your specific family tree?
          James Gordon Bennett and James Gordon Bennett, Jr. of the New York
          Herald in New York City are also relatives.

          --- In bennettzone@yahoogroups.com, "Barb B" <besaw873@...> wrote:

          > Do any of your lines include Bennett's from Ontario, Canada and
          Michigan, USA?

          > My grandfather is George William Bennett (m. Myrtle Marguerite
          Bliss daughter of George Sylvester Bliss and Emily Idella (sp?)
          Cornell)

          > Grandfather: George William Bennett (b.1891) is son of Rodney
          Oliver Bennett and Fanny Maria Lezart.

          > Great-grandfather: Rodney Oliver Bennett is son of William
          Nicholas Bennett and Elizabeth Isobel (sp?) Shaver

          > G-great-grandfather: William Nicholas Bennett is son of William
          Henry Bennett
          > (Either William Nicholas or William Henry is brother to Truman
          Sears Bennett formerly of a home known as "Ardagh Castle" in Ontario)

          > G-G-great-grandfather: William Henry Bennett is son of James A.
          Bennett

          > Thank you to anyone that recognizes names and will correspond with
          me about them,
          > Barb (Bennett) B.

        • Bridget Pitcher
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 29, 2006
            It is very difficult to connect Bennett lines. All of the names you
            mentioned do not ring a bell. Charles A. Bennett,Sr born around 1818, is
            my "oldest" Bennett I have found in my research.One of his children was
            born in Herkimer County, NY (possibly German Flatts, NY or Illion, NY)
            His family relocated to Oswego County NY in the 1840's. However, the
            father, Charles Sr. died before the 1845 local census. I know nothing
            about his parents or siblings; only his children. What is interesting is
            that one of his daughers did relocate to Wisconsin and two of his sons
            moved to PA and Ohio. I could only hope that the lines are related.
            Honestlt, I don't know. This Charles Sr., was a travelling shoe cobbler.
            Sometimes children carried on in their father's footsteps. Sorry if this
            did not help you and good luck!

            ________________________________

            In trying to connect a Bennett family line, it has become difficult.
            However, your lineage is the closest to mine. David and Susan
            Bennett from Upstate New York in and around Rome had William Harrison
            Bennett, Daniel Bennett, and many other sons and daughters Some of
            the Bennetts moved to Michigan, then Wisconsin and on to Minnesota
            where my great grandfather Daniel Ullum Bennett lived. He had one
            daughter Jessie Mae Bennett, then died from consumption. Then my
            great grandmother Mary Elizabeth Mott married his brother Levander
            Bennett and gave birth to Lee Mott Bennett, Grace Bennett, and Earl
            Bennett. Do any of these names belong to your specific family tree?
            James Gordon Bennett and James Gordon Bennett, Jr. of the New York
            Herald in New York City are also relatives.

            --- In bennettzone@yahoogroups.com, "Barb B" <besaw873@...> wrote:

            > Do any of your lines include Bennett's from Ontario, Canada and
            Michigan, USA?

            > My grandfather is George William Bennett (m. Myrtle Marguerite
            Bliss daughter of George Sylvester Bliss and Emily Idella (sp?)
            Cornell)

            > Grandfather: George William Bennett (b.1891) is son of Rodney
            Oliver Bennett and Fanny Maria Lezart.

            > Great-grandfather: Rodney Oliver Bennett is son of William
            Nicholas Bennett and Elizabeth Isobel (sp?) Shaver

            > G-great-grandfather: William Nicholas Bennett is son of William
            Henry Bennett
            > (Either William Nicholas or William Henry is brother to Truman
            Sears Bennett formerly of a home known as "Ardagh Castle" in Ontario)

            > G-G-great-grandfather: William Henry Bennett is son of James A.
            Bennett

            > Thank you to anyone that recognizes names and will correspond with
            me about them,
            > Barb (Bennett) B.

            American family home insurance
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=American+family+home+insurance&w1=A
            merican+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+company&
            w3=Lineage&w4=American+family+home+owner+insurance&w5=Single+family+home
            +for+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=193&.sig=83Cz4v36LAgs6j3X-9ORiQ>
            American family home insurance company
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=American+family+home+insurance+comp
            any&w1=American+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+
            company&w3=Lineage&w4=American+family+home+owner+insurance&w5=Single+fam
            ily+home+for+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=193&.sig=2_a6X_mGdRul0uOq
            Fi_txw> Lineage
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Lineage&w1=American+family+home+ins
            urance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+company&w3=Lineage&w4=American+
            family+home+owner+insurance&w5=Single+family+home+for+sale&w6=Family+hom
            e+finance&c=6&s=193&.sig=Z97SZhLJRnKovRzolpOEsA>
            American family home owner insurance
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=American+family+home+owner+insuranc
            e&w1=American+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+co
            mpany&w3=Lineage&w4=American+family+home+owner+insurance&w5=Single+famil
            y+home+for+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=193&.sig=IadSafGpKk6TfwP3oM
            M2jw> Single family home for sale
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Single+family+home+for+sale&w1=Amer
            ican+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+company&w3=
            Lineage&w4=American+family+home+owner+insurance&w5=Single+family+home+fo
            r+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=193&.sig=rPmqKjB--uZO83lTAFKblQ>
            Family home finance
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+home+finance&w1=American+fam
            ily+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+company&w3=Lineage&
            w4=American+family+home+owner+insurance&w5=Single+family+home+for+sale&w
            6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=193&.sig=sXMbTCpYUjkQZcNyIMBd7g>

          • Barb Besaw
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 29, 2006
              I am quite ignorant to most of our Bennett information. I have discovered that many died quite young --- the nearest link being my grandmother. She passed on when Dad was only 3. Thus losing any records she may have kept. There could be a possible connection --- My sis' has more information than I. I will send this to her and ask what she thinks. The area is close -- and some of these might be cousins to each other. I will be very happy to find out that there is a link. Do you have birthdates, marriages etc?

              I'll let you know what my sister may have to say.

              Thank you,
              Barb
              In trying to connect a Bennett family line, it has become difficult.
              However, your lineage is the closest to mine.

            • Deborah Bridge
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30, 2006
                I have a Bennett (Eunice) born 10 June 1826 in chenango co., NY, married Eugene Spencer in 1846, moved to Barry co., MI sometime after 1860. Have no info on her parents. Does this fit in with David and Susan or any others?

                Thanks

                >It is very difficult to connect Bennett lines. All of the names you
                >mentioned do not ring a bell. Charles A. Bennett,Sr born around 1818, is
                >my "oldest" Bennett I have found in my research.One of his children was
                >born in Herkimer County, NY (possibly German Flatts, NY or Illion, NY)
                >His family relocated to Oswego County NY in the 1840's. However, the
                >father, Charles Sr. died before the 1845 local census. I know nothing
                >about his parents or siblings; only his children. What is interesting is
                >that one of his daughers did relocate to Wisconsin and two of his sons
                >moved to PA and Ohio. I could only hope that the lines are related.
                >Honestlt, I don't know. This Charles Sr., was a travelling shoe cobbler.
                >Sometimes children carried on in their father's footsteps. Sorry if this
                >did not help you and good luck!
                >
                >________________________________

              • kaekeyyes
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 28, 2006
                  --- In bennettzone@yahoogroups.com, "Barb B" <besaw873@...> wrote:

                  > Do any of your lines include Bennett's from Ontario, Canada and
                  Michigan, USA?

                  > My grandfather is George William Bennett (m. Myrtle Marguerite
                  Bliss daughter of George Sylvester Bliss and Emily Idella (sp?)
                  Cornell)

                  > Grandfather: George William Bennett (b.1891) is son of Rodney
                  Oliver Bennett and Fanny Maria Lezart.

                  > Great-grandfather: Rodney Oliver Bennett is son of William
                  Nicholas Bennett and Elizabeth Isobel (sp?) Shaver

                  > G-great-grandfather: William Nicholas Bennett is son of William
                  Henry Bennett
                  > (Either William Nicholas or William Henry is brother to Truman
                  Sears Bennett formerly of a home known as "Ardagh Castle" in Ontario)

                  > G-G-great-grandfather: William Henry Bennett is son of James A.
                  Bennett

                  > Thank you to anyone that recognizes names and will correspond with
                  me about them,
                  > Barb (Bennett) B.

                  >Sorry Barb nunn of the above match I dont have enough proof yet it
                  seems my Bennett's forname were all single names no middle ones but
                  we all will keep looking lots of luck Kay