Bennett families of NC

  • tabj1986
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      I am researching my Bennett family line. I have Benjamin Bennett, b.
      1735 in Clinch Valley, Va. He later married a Miss Smith and moved to
      the Capella area of Stokes County NC. There is not information on him
      that I have been able to find prior to this. Some questions have
      arisen as to whether or not he was part of a group called melungeons,
      which are known to be from that area or maybe, Native American or
      other free persons of color. If anyone has any information to pass on
      to me it would be greatly appreciated. His son, Benjamin Bennett Jr.
      married Elizabeth Biggs in Stokes County, NC. There are many Bennetts
      still in that general area of NC (northwestern) and Va. (Swestern).
      Again, thanks.
      Tonya