Re: [bennettzone] Bennett family conection

  • ted d jones
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 13, 2005
      Hi,
      I do have lots of Bennett's. This is just a whim I guess but William
      Bennett b 16 Dec 1727 married HANNAH Goode b 1732.

      Possible daughter, HANNAH! The time frame is right but the rest is pure
      speculation?!?
      Ted Jones Vicksburg.Ms

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 13, 2005
          Just a thought. I came across a website with quite a few Ellsworths on it. There are also some Bennetts. Although your ancestor is not listed, it might be worth a look.

          http://www.ourfamilysearch.com/index.html

          Christie
          famlinefind <wwiihero@...> wrote:

          Have as my 6th Great Grandmother Hannah Bennett b abt 1753 NC d: abt
          1819 married abt 1771 to Jacob Ellsworth b: abt 1751

          Had Daughter named Mary Ellsworth my 5th Great Grandmother.

          Trying to find out who this Hannah Bennett father is?

          Ring a Bell out there with anybody? I hope.

          Regards,

          Steven Earl Grace

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          document.write('');

        • BERNIE CROSBY

            > Have as my 6th Great Grandmother Hannah Bennett b abt 1753 NC d: abt
            > 1819 married abt 1771 to Jacob Ellsworth b: abt 1751
            >
            > Had Daughter named Mary Ellsworth my 5th Great Grandmother.
            >
            > Trying to find out who this Hannah Bennett father is?
            >
            > Ring a Bell out there with anybody? I hope.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Steven Earl Grace
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Judy Trimble

              > Have as my 6th Great Grandmother Hannah Bennett b abt 1753 NC d: abt
              > 1819 married abt 1771 to Jacob Ellsworth b: abt 1751
              >
              > Had Daughter named Mary Ellsworth my 5th Great Grandmother.
              >
              > Trying to find out who this Hannah Bennett father is?
              >
              > Ring a Bell out there with anybody? I hope.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Steven Earl Grace
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > --

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 15, 2005
                Hi Bernie,

                Been a busy boy the past few days here. Bernie, very possibly so, these
                were the very early Bennett that brought settlers over to the shores of
                Virginia. I have them all from 1503 in an approved, IN ENGLAND AS WELL,
                descention on down through the states, some settled in Ga and mine, my
                granddad moved in to La where my mom the daughter of a Bennett was born.

                I have all the marriage bonds of the grandparent from mom's mother and all
                up to the connection point which is 4 sets of grandparents and at that
                point the Robertsons and Bennetts really come to life. I scooped them all in
                as there were many inner marriages with the Bankston and Headen and Watson
                names there La. Even today they are there.

                I can send you some very easy openers, that are soundly safe. I have the
                grand's and their children but the roots spread from there and most all of
                them I do not have.

                There's no guess work but solid fact on them.

                I did not do the work, as I said, I gathered them in. I had some work done
                in Ohio given to me in our family genealogical book due to a death, and I
                was chosen to carry on, so I have worked since 1997. It's out there we just
                have to do it and I have complied a composition of mine with some very
                historical names included that history will back me up solid and the books,
                the Randolph's and A Vision of Unity by Charles L Bland PhD.
                John Robertson and Tom Robertson the two foremost in the country Robertson
                researchers are my cousins , so is just been a good ride for me. I just only
                wish my parents could have know what has all come to light, mainly on my
                maternal side.

                Bert, I'll be glad to send you any part you might like to see.

                Ted D Jones Sr a retired, tired, beat up old paratrooper with 4 pairs of
                wings. I have been around the block. The wife and I have 60 years govt time
                behind us. No, I would not do it again!!

                Ted D Jones Sr Vicksburg, Ms

              • Rdwjax@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 15, 2005
                  Ted:

                  Thanks for all you do in helping others to find their connections to the
                  Bennett line. We have corresponded in the past about my own line, but
                  unfortunately I have yet to make that connection. It's nice that you are so willing
                  to share what you have. On behalf of all searchers, we appreciate all that
                  you do.

                  Don Williams
                  Jacksonville, FL

                • ted d jones
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 16, 2005
                    I am apologizing for the open e-mail that I thought was going to Bernie
                    Crosby but went to the world, wideworld I guess.

                    I am not a grandstander, I earn what I get, a awful lot of it the hard way.
                    Sorry that my mail to an intended recipient went to the site.

                    I enjoy anything that's involved with the Bennett's as that name is very
                    much a part of this guy. Same goes for my Robertsons.

                    tj tj3227@cablelynx

                  • emily.bennett@ey.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 16, 2005
                      My Bennetts are from Limestone (Alabama) but my great great grandmother
                      was Martha Ann Hopper-Robertson-Bennett -- do you have this is your line.

                      My grandfather was Green Smith Bennett.

                      I believe she was married to Thomas Jefferson Bennett.

                      Martha Hopper-Robertson-Bennett married John J. Bryant (t) on 26 October
                      1875. She had married Thomas J. Bennett on 7 February 1861 and previously
                      James C. Robertson on 8 August 1850. All marriages were in Licoln County,
                      Tennessee. Martha and John migrated to Limestone County.

                      Do you have this line

                      Emily S. Bennett
                      Location Manager
                      Phone:615.252.2096
                      Fax: 866.303.0932
                      EY/Comm: 2832366
                      Emily.Bennett@...

                      The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

                      Notice required by law: This e-mail may constitute an advertisement or solicitation under U.S. law, if its primary purpose is to advertise or promote a commercial product or service. You may choose not to receive advertising and promotional messages from Ernst & Young LLP (except for Ernst & Young Online and the ey.com website, which track e-mail preferences through a separate process) at this e-mail address by forwarding this message to no-more-mail@.... If you do so, the sender of this message will be notified promptly. Our principal postal address is 5 Times Square, New York, NY 10036. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP

                    • June B Powell
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 18, 2005
                        I am looking for any information on my Bennett Family below:

                        Daniel Pink Bennett b 1836 Ms(s/o David Bennett m Martha Patsy Little)

                        m Laura E Shambley/Chamblee .b 1848 Ala

                        Feb 22 1870 Married 30 years in Fairfield Freestone Co, TX

                        parents of

                        12 children including

                        Lula,

                        Deolo,

                        D Walter,

                        Elizabeth L,

                        Savannah,

                        Roxey,

                        Goanna ?,(Goanna) Chamblee

                        Pink D,(Daniel)

                        Temfill? (Tempee)

                        Willie(My grandfather),

                        Laura L

                        and

                        Bennie.

                        By 1900 census only 8 children still were living.

                        I don't know what happened after this, where they went or died or are buried.Any Information would be appreciated. Thanks,June Bennett Powell